Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Pulju is nothing more than a hopeful reclamation project, he does not have much value

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
This thread is truly a wasteland of unrealistic speculation. I'm not sure if it's boredom or just a complete lack of comprehension on what is grounded as a realistic transaction (likely both), I would make a push for two threads. One for reality, and another for video game trade talk.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Is this what you believe, or what you want the Rangers to put on the trade advertisement?
I hear you. But Skjei is definitely a player who’ll be fine long term. He is amazingly talented. You see it on the pk. Where he doesn’t overthink things. That guy is terrific. And eventually he will figure it out. But I hear you. It’s frustrating waiting.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I hear you. But Skjei is definitely a player who’ll be fine long term. He is amazingly talented. You see it on the pk. Where he doesn’t overthink things. That guy is terrific. And eventually he will figure it out. But I hear you. It’s frustrating waiting.

i really believe the defense will improve overall with staal no longer part of it.

just that change will allow these pairs to build some chemistry and once that happens, with the way they all skate and seem to be able to join the rush, things will start to turn

they still need to take care of the front of the net better but i think lindgren has that in his blood.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
This thread is truly a wasteland of unrealistic speculation. I'm not sure if it's boredom or just a complete lack of comprehension on what is grounded as a realistic transaction (likely both), I would make a push for two threads. One for reality, and another for video game trade talk.

Never been different, it'll stay the same.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Huh? Buyouts save money. If they’re going to be really tight next year, the might need to do another one.
But that is only near term. Right now, next year is painful, BUT they can afford to resign a few players and will have to make a trade or two. But if there is no buyout, then in two years time, they will suddenly have a good amount of cap space and flexibility.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
TB- Buy-outs open up space next season.
Yes, I understand that. But right now, it would be super tight and not without a player or two being traded, but then 2021 there would be plenty of cap space. So let's say that by trading Nametsnikov earlier, that opened up room to resign DeAngelo. Then one of Kreider or Buch would still need to be moved. But then in 2021, when the rest of the contracts come off the roster, there would be lots of cap room and flexibility. And they will need that as they look to resign some of their own players.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
nothing against him but I really don't see us in the market for more dmen...enough young guys look legit with more on the way that it might take some patience but if i'm dealing for a dmen he has to be really good
Unless of course the package also includes a DeAngelo, which would juice a potential return.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
nothing against him but I really don't see us in the market for more dmen...enough young guys look legit with more on the way that it might take some patience but if i'm dealing for a dmen he has to be really good

Totally agreed. We will most likely keep drafting some defensemen, specially if we get like a BPA situation like Robertson last year.

The coming trades should all target FWD-depth. Another energy guy on the wing like Lemieux.

Another poster said he's looking forward to a Hayes-like package with Kreids, that guy is right.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Puljujarvi has 18 points in 11 games overseas right now.

If you can get him at a buy low price you do it. He would certainly be an upgrade over McKegg and Smith on the wings.

Lindgren-Hajek-Skjei-Trouba can take PK duties.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Just based on how well Hajek and Lindgren are playing I'd probably say 'no' to that. Although I do think he would be valuable in a bottom-pairing role, it's just too crowded at the moment.

I'd really like a young guy like Kaut
Yeah. Zadorov is valuable inasmuch as Tom Wilson was valuable to the Caps cup run. He’s a wildcard. And that can make a difference as a gimmick for a bit. But I’m not into it. I get it. But for my two cents, I’m not down.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Unless of course the package also includes a DeAngelo, which would juice a potential return.

but then you are talking about a dmen much better than Zadorov...i'm not gonna say that our blueline can't possibly be upgraded, but I can say that we don't need more depth guys.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
But that is only near term. Right now, next year is painful, BUT they can afford to resign a few players and will have to make a trade or two. But if there is no buyout, then in two years time, they will suddenly have a good amount of cap space and flexibility.

The second year hits on the two guys they'd consider buying out are pretty minimal. I don't think they'd buy out both, but buying out one might make a lot of sense, depending on what else happens.

Two years from now is near term too.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Puljujarvi has 18 points in 11 games overseas right now.

If you can get him at a buy low price you do it. He would certainly be an upgrade over McKegg and Smith on the wings.

Lindgren-Hajek-Skjei-Trouba can take PK duties.

I think it's 18 points in 17 games? Either way he is playing pretty well. I'd take a look at him if the price was right

Reactions: RGY and egelband

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
but then you are talking about a dmen much better than Zadorov...i'm not gonna say that our blueline can't possibly be upgraded, but I can say that we don't need more depth guys.
I am not saying that the trade is DeAngelo for Zadarov. I am saying that if the desire is to land Zadarov among other goodies in a trade, then you could potentially include him in a potential trade in which Kreider is the centerpiece, and enhance the assets coming back.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The second year hits on the two guys they'd consider buying out are pretty minimal. I don't think they'd buy out both, but buying out one might make a lot of sense, depending on what else happens.

Two years from now is near term too.

I'd be more inclined to buy out Staal due to his NMC and keep Smith around due to his versatility

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I'd be more inclined to buy out Staal due to his NMC and keep Smith around due to his versatility

At this moment, so would I. If a buyout becomes necessary. I'm still a little skeptical about Smith, but my main concern with him (discipline) doesn't seem to be an issue for him this year. Possibly because he worked on understanding how to play forward and is put in fewer desperate situations than he was when on D.

Reactions: NYR Viper

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Not that I’d expect him to, but Staal should just retire.

Perhaps more importantly, thats not something you, or I, or anyone else should have a say in.

This is a guy who gave it everything he had for 13 years despite breaking down quite severely with injuries over the last half of his career. The lack of respect is despicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad