Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Concussions don't always appear right away an given the nature of this season, the team may just be giving him a few extra days to verify all is good. That is most likely the case

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Is this big Gauthier guy in Carolina any good? Heard a scout mention yesterday that there might be interest in him from the NYR side. Not sure who would be going to Carolina, but the list is not that long...

Reactions: Ola

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I did not hear about them wanting to trade him. Just that there was likely interest from the NYR side. A bit of a difference

Got it, it's possible he is a piece they would dangle for some help. Looks like he leans towards goals vs assists which would be the type of player the organization could use. 6'4

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Is this big Gauthier guy in Carolina any good? Heard a scout mention yesterday that there might be interest in him from the NYR side. Not sure who would be going to Carolina, but the list is not that long...

He's a really big guy with some great tools. Great shot, above average speed, and good hands around the net. He's a little Vanek-esque in the way he plays the game. Very much an opportunistic goal scorer. Stick on the ice to get a shot off or he forces his way to the net. I believe he had a really good camp this year but the Canes didn't quite have room for him. Not sure if he's still playing the PK as a pro, but he was lauded as being a quality 200ft player coming out of his draft year as well.

I can see why the Rangers would be interested in him. If he pans out he's a great option to fill the void left by Kreider in the top-six. There was a rumor that his name came up when the Canes were talking to the Oilers about Puljujarvi over the summer.

Reactions: NYR Viper

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Someone on this thread has been saying Carolina could be a logical spot for Kreider...they have two late #1's, our 2nd, and a couple of prospects that have interested the Rangers in the past.

I'm trying to remember who that person is...thinking...thinking...

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Someone on this thread has been saying Carolina could be a logical spot for Kreider...they have two late #1's, our 2nd, and a couple of prospects that have interested the Rangers in the past.

I'm trying to remember who that person is...thinking...thinking...

Kreider does make sense for them on paper, but do they want to rent a guy at this point? Not sure if Kreider would re-up there.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Kreider does make sense for them on paper, but do they want to rent a guy at this point? Not sure if Kreider would re-up there.

Kreider strikes me as the type of guy who will sign with the deal that gives him the most after-tax money.

That's speculation on my part, but it's my theory.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, I mean, we all have our own utility curves.

I think I'd rather make 6 million and play in Denver than make 6.5 million and play in Edmonton, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
True, but the contract would likely be for 6 years. So that .5 difference turns into 3 million and then you think a bit harder if Edmonton is looking better all of a sudden.

Reactions: Avery16

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Kreider strikes me as the type of guy who will sign with the deal that gives him the most after-tax money.

That's speculation on my part, but it's my theory.

Hasn't the owner made a point of being willing to spend?

You guys might be right. I know the owner is willing to spend money now that they're competitive, but I'm not sure if Kreider is going to be looking to cash in or will take less to play somewhere specific.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hopefully we can avoid more buyouts this summer.
They cannot afford any more buyouts. Next year is going to be tight as it is. They should have the money to sign someone like DeAngelo or possibly re-sign a Strome (depending on what he does for the rest of the year). But that may be about it.

If Buchnevich is the one traded, it would be because Kreider term and dollars aligned with what Gorton had in mind. If not, it will be Kreider that is he one traded.

But buy outs I believe are done

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
They cannot afford any more buyouts. Next year is going to be tight as it is. They should have the money to sign someone like DeAngelo or possibly re-sign a Strome (depending on what he does for the rest of the year). But that may be about it.

If Buchnevich is the one traded, it would be because Kreider term and dollars aligned with what Gorton had in mind. If not, it will be Kreider that is he one traded.

But buy outs I believe are done

Huh? Buyouts save money. If they’re going to be really tight next year, the might need to do another one.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I wonder if they did that to intentionally piss him off.

It was a weird game to make Staal a healthy scratch. The Rangers were honoring Girardi. Staal and Girardi were a D pair for 4 years. McDonagh and Girardi were a D pair for the remaining years until G was bought out. The perfect symmetry would have Girardi with Staal and McDonagh taking the face-off. The group picture with Girardi's family. Staal was an important part of Girardi's career with the Rangers. They are close friends. Staal wasn't dressed for that game when they had a million other opportunities to not play Staal.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It was a weird game to make Staal a healthy scratch. The Rangers were honoring Girardi. Staal and Girardi were a D pair for 4 years. McDonagh and Girardi were a D pair for the remaining years until G was bought out. The perfect symmetry would have Girardi with Staal and McDonagh taking the face-off. The group picture with Girardi's family. Staal was an important part of Girardi's career with the Rangers. They are close friends. Staal wasn't dressed for that game when they had a million other opportunities to not play Staal.

It was Staals 1st time in his career being scratched, and it happened on that night, at home where he’s a captain.

Makes no sense. It must have been a huge blow to him.

Oh well. GoAwayStaal.

Reactions: Rongomania

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'd honestly take a gamble on Puuijarvi, would be nice to have another Finn for Kakko and i do feel he got a bad wrap in Edmonton . Would Kreider with money retained for him plus a 1st work for everyone? It would for me, I might even take a 2nd and him.

Reactions: Leetch3

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I'd honestly take a gamble on Puuijarvi, would be nice to have another Finn for Kakko and i do feel he got a bad wrap in Edmonton . Would Kreider with money retained for him plus a 1st work for everyone? It would for me, I might even take a 2nd and him.

gotta be the 1st...obviously he still has potential and you could get lucky but he's looked like a bust and i'm not taking just a 2nd so kakko has a buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad