Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Still the wrong move in my opinion. That's not how you treat a coach who won you 3 cups in 6 years.

It happens with players, why shouldn't it happen with coaches or GMs? If the team isn't responding to him any more, then what good would come of keeping him? I don't know that that's the case, but there are definitely circumstances under which it makes sense. Sometimes you just need a new voice in the room. They've lost 5 in a row and are in danger of the season getting away from them.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Quenneville is a guy who can take a good team and make them great. But is he a guy who can help build a bad team into a good one? Doesn't strike me that way.
I would agree with this as well. Hawks are in a transition phase. They don’t have a contending team, and without that, I don’t see the benefit of having a coach like Q.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
The difference between the Rangers and the Blackhawks is that the Rangers have admitted they are rebuilding.
We also do not have 4 players over 30 years old taking up 32 mil of cap space, fortunately.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Dave Maloney spoke with Jeff Gorton in Anaheim. Gorton told him Andersson was coming up sooner than later. Maloney said the Rangers aren't sending Chytil to the AHL. They want Chytil to adjust to the NHL speed of the game and he doesn't have much to prove in the AHL. Maloney discussed the Rangers young 3 centers and the Rangers two veteran centers. Something is going to give here. Eventually.

Reactions: GodlyRangers

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Dang

Ulf fired too

Not that I am a BlackHawks fan or anything, but this makes me sick to my stomach. This man should have a job for the rest of his life with Chicago. If not coaching (if his time has come of age and team not responding), but somewhere in org. This needs to go beyond firing the coach that has guided them to 3 cups. Its on the players, but this seems so radical. Beyond ridiculous and beyond the right thing to do......especially since the season is FAR from over. Plenty of time to right the ship, unless it was something seriously wrong internally. Like Kane and Toews having major issues with him.....but dont see it.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The Hawks were expected to be a bad team this year and have been a bad team so far this year so I don't really understand the timing. Should have just got someone new in the offseason if that's what they wanted to do.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Hawks were expected to be a bad team this year and have been a bad team so far this year so I don't really understand the timing. Should have just got someone new in the offseason if that's what they wanted to do.
Omg! Was jjst going to say that. After last years abysmal season, it would have made sense they did it at the end. Were they expecting miracles this year? Now, it looks really bad on them as to why they havent even given him a chance to rectify this. Maybe they think it will shake them up and all of a sudden play better than what they actually are. An aging team, and a goaltender playing lights out like Hank has been. That will sustain itself only so long.

The NHL is becoming faster and younger by the moment and teams that dont "get in the game" will watch the NHL flyby's.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Think Hayes is a goner sooner rather than later with Andersson coming up. Why call him up and not Holland or just keep Nieves for 4th line duties if Howden is only going to be out short term? Something smells about the timing of this.

Perhaps Gorton has a couple of offers for Hayes and is trying to get someone to blink. Dreger seems to speculate that Hayes and Zuccarello might be dealt sooner rather than later. It let's Gorton set the market rather than chase it in February when better players may be available.

Even if Hayes and Zuccarello are dealt before February, I still think that a surprise core piece is traded at or near the deadline. Kreider, Buchnevich. Someone of that ilk.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Think Hayes is a goner sooner rather than later with Andersson coming up. Why call him up and not Holland or just keep Nieves for 4th line duties if Howden is only going to be out short term? Something smells about the timing of this.

I could be wrong, but I think you're reading too much into this. My guess is Andersson up is a culture move. The message is work hard, to the right thing and you will get your chance.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I think you're reading too much into this. My guess is Andersson up is a culture move. The message is work hard, to the right thing and you will get your chance.
It does however create an interesting glut. ZBad & Hayes occupy two slots. Howden & Anderson for the other two. Then what? Slide Chytil to wing?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Agreed. Andersson has been pretty good in Hartford, and its a nice message to give him a call up when the opportunity arises.

The interesting thing will be what happens when Howden comes back. Does Andersson go right back down? Do they address the Chytil issue instead and get him a few games in the AHL?

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

Perhaps Gorton has a couple of offers for Hayes and is trying to get someone to blink. Dreger seems to speculate that Hayes and Zuccarello might be dealt sooner rather than later. It let's Gorton set the market rather than chase it in February when better players may be available.

Even if Hayes and Zuccarello are dealt before February, I still think that a surprise core piece is traded at or near the deadline. Kreider, Buchnevich. Someone of that ilk.

Seems like it would make more sense for any club looking to acquire Hayes to do it earlier rather then later. The trade deadline deals seems to never work out as the new club has to figure out how to implement the new player into their system. Always wondered why so many deals fall on the eve of the deadline. Smarter play seems to get them in earlier, get acclimated, so by the time playoffs come they are up and running on all cylinders.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I personally saw Sather pull into MSG as I was leaving work. On a side note, I feel as though there is a move coming and with Howden being out tonight they bought themselves some time. I think one of Lettieri or Mcleod gets put on waivers before our next game and one Spooner/Hayes/Namestnikov gets dealt within the next week.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Is this based on Friedman saying he’s on the market? Also, what’s Zykov’s deal? I don’t know much about him
He's someone I've wanted since he was drafted by LA, but Friedman's latest podcast did lead me to make that post. He's a big, strong kid that skates well and has a rifle of a shot. He led the AHL in goal scoring last year, and I'm not really sure why he can't crack Carolina's roster this season. His underlying metrics suggest he should have better results than he does right now.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad