Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
@kovazub94 : If Brooks is right, he's right. Can he not change his position?

There are things I'm not on board with but the team goes on. The path becomes clear and we re-adjust our assessment. At this point, its painfully obvious that this team is selling more and many current players will he gone. It serves everyone if it happens sooner than later.

Someone in the last thread nailed it. The article smacks of a ranger input.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This team is lacking talent and speed.

It’s time to face reality. This team is going to challenge for worst record in the league.

Jack Hughes would help the rebuild.

I’m not sure why you think or insist that anyone doesn’t consider being among the worst in the league is a possibility.

“Time to face reality”... we’ve all faced that reality.

rangerfan_79

Jun 1, 2007
justanfyi.com
Recent Brooks article is captain obvious material. Yes we should sell sooner uncle Larry.
Jack Hughes will be a nice player with an added year to Anderson, Chytil, Howden, Deangelo.
Add Kravtsov, Hajek, Sheshterken, Rykov.

Fatten up the trade turkey's...
Zucc, Hayes, Shatty, McQuaid, Spooner, Namestnikov.

Should be a nice upcoming draft. Hope for some ping pong luck and additional high picks via trade.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hughes is a great prospect but it's hard to gauge USNDT success since they play a wide variety of competition. He's less proven than most 1OA picks.

Matthews was easier to see coming because he went over to Switzerland and kicked that league's teeth in at 17 years old.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Can someone tell me about this kid Arthur Kaliyev? Does he have top 5 draft potential? Should the Rangers target him if they dont have a top 2 draft pick?

He's projected more top 10 than top 5 right now, but he's clicking at GPG in the O right now, so he may rise.

I think I like Ryan Suzuki more.

Anything but Lavoie. That kid's numbers are not that impressive for a guy who's gigantic and slightly older than his peers.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Can someone tell me about this kid Arthur Kaliyev? Does he have top 5 draft potential? Should the Rangers target him if they dont have a top 2 draft pick?
Top 5 might be pushing it, though I could see him go between 5 and 10 though. As to if they should target him, it really all depends where they’re picking and who’s available

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
He's projected more top 10 than top 5 right now, but he's clicking at GPG in the O right now, so he may rise.

I think I like Ryan Suzuki more.

Anything but Lavoie. That kid's numbers are not that impressive for a guy who's gigantic and slightly older than his peers.
Please no power forwards for the love of God. No jessiman pleasssseee.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Jeff Skinner clone. Will be a 30 goal per year scorer in this league for a long time. He can definitely go top 10.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Podkolzin doesn't blow me away either.

Good prospect, but number-wise, not much more impressive than Kravtsov.

Kirby Dach is the guy I'm after if we're around the top 5 but not in Hughes/Kakko range.

That dude was playing in the WHL in his 15YO season. 27 in 16 so far this year.

Reactions: Konnick

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I also love Alex Newhook but that would be a big reach where we're projected to be, so I'm not gonna ask them to do that.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He’s my 3 as well

Hughes Kakko Dach and I personally don’t think there’s a lot of space between them. I think you’ve got 3 Stars there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad