Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
"Tony just took an undisciplined penalty," Quinn said. "He and I have had a conversation. We've just going to make sure that that doesn't happen. We took too many penalties last night; we took too many penalties last year. We've got to nip it in the bud right now."

Straight from the horses mouth.

I stand corrected. Carry on.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I wonder if Boston would trade Debrusk and one of Frederik/Studnicka for Kreider and a small add. I wonder if Kreider would waive his NMC for Boston.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
A lot of talk about Kakko. I don’t think he was great, but he missed two chances he should have scored on, normally scores on.

Reactions: Cawlidge Hawkey

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Wow so due to insomnia after completing a giant work project I post a DeAngelo article and it really stirred some shit here.

Yes DeAngelo has low emotional intelligence, go look up the definition. He's also a talented hockey player.

His boss clearly has an issue with him and the org isn't happy with all his off ice stuff otherwise Larry doesn't write that. They've been leaking stuff to Larry since before most of you were born.

In any event, whatever I think most of us know Quinn's going to shoot himself in the foot.

Do me a favor when they lose 5-2 tonight (and I hope I'm wrong)...to quote a former Captain and current AGM, don't let it ruin your long weekends. Peace.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Fwiw, the contacts i have with the Leafs and Blackhawks say that they've both heard that we are really close to getting Dubois, but they have no details beyond that.

Reactions: pld459666

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Nope, you can do with the info what you want really, just putting out what i was told.
I personally believe it. He checks a lot of boxes. I’m guessing it would
Strome ( salary and place holder )
Chytil
Lundkvist
1st or 2nd that becomes a 1st if we win a playoff round.

Unfortunately we don’t have enough spots for all our up and coming D good looking D prospects. A trade needs to be made soon. Jones, Lundkvist, Schneider, Robertson, etc are all not far away from contributing. However I would be surprised if they move PLD before the end of the shortened season. He definitely won’t last his 2year deal there, but I think they rather deal him in the offseason and obtain the highest 1st they can. He wants out of a small market and wants to go to a competitor. If your another small market team, your not going to trade away Multiple assets for him and worry he is gona pull the same shit on his new team that his doing to the jackets. That means there’s only realistically 6-8 teams with the assets, cap space, large market competitor, etc that could even make the trade. And NYR is in the heart of those 6-8 teams for sure

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Singling out a guy for taking an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the third period down 4-0 is a cop out. I know Tony is emotional but that’s part of what makes him a useful player. How about focusing on what got the game 4-0 in the first place. But I guess that would force the coach to look in the mirror.

This.

Also, I understand it’s one benching, but if the long term plan is trying to move ADA for an equal caliber asset, have the conversation with him, make it clear he’s on a short leash but:

1. Don’t bench a useful player the team needs in order to win games, especially in a shortened season where a slow start can sink you.

2. Don’t give the rest of the league any more ammunition to point at ADA when the time comes to move him and say well, clearly he isn’t beyond his issues if he’s still getting scratched in 2021. Part of the sales pitch is that he’s grown up and left his issues behind him (maybe not the social media stuff, but all the hockey related stuff). This is just a bad look.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This.

Also, I understand it’s one benching, but if the long term plan is trying to move ADA for an equal caliber asset, have the conversation with him, make it clear he’s on a short leash but:

1. Don’t bench a useful player the team needs in order to win games, especially in a shortened season where a slow start can sink you.

2. Don’t give the rest of the league any more ammunition to point at ADA when the time comes to move him and say well, clearly he isn’t beyond his issues if he’s still getting scratched in 2021. Part of the sales pitch is that he’s grown up and left his issues behind him (maybe not the social media stuff, but all the hockey related stuff). This is just a bad look.

That's on DeAngelo for (back to my point a few hours ago) low emotional intelligence and no common sense. The guy does it to himself. He has similar beliefs to Adam Fox and former teammates Henrik Lundqvist and Marc Staal, but the other three aren't as loud as him.

Reactions: Cawlidge Hawkey

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Fwiw, the contacts i have with the Leafs and Blackhawks say that they've both heard that we are really close to getting Dubois, but they have no details beyond that.
Why would contacts with the leafs and blackhawks have insider info about a trade between nyr and cbj?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Also in the defense of everyone on this board, no one is overreacting after one game to Quinn or the problems. We have the data now. First year they played well for six week from Thanksgiving to the New Year, last year they were playing sloppy 80s hockey and winning track meets while giving up 85+ shot attempts per game, the bubble was a joke. Too many men penalties still happening since Quinn first started coaching.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’m on board with Dubois although I know the price is going to sting. But he’s not a scrub

Why would contacts with the leafs and blackhawks have insider info about a trade between nyr and cbj?
Personnel talk to other teams, it’s really not that crazy to think the info is getting around if it’s true

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
That's on DeAngelo for (back to my point a few hours ago) low emotional intelligence and no common sense. The guy does it to himself. He has similar beliefs to Adam Fox and former teammates Henrik Lundqvist and Marc Staal, but the other three aren't as loud as him.

It’s not on him, from an asset management perspective, to handle it internally. His emotional intelligence may be the reason there are hurdles to keeping his perceived value as high as his production, but it’s on the coach and management to realize that when you scratch him one game into the season, you’re giving other GMs ammunition to try to lower his price in trade negotiations. There’s other ways to punish or get through to a player. Quinn seems to only know one. He’s kinda like everyone’s least favorite POTUS. You’re fired. Scratched. Demoted.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
you’re giving other GMs ammunition to try to lower his price in trade negotiations. There’s other ways to punish or get through to a player.
I understand the point but I’ll be honest I don’t think this is going to have a long term effect on his value.

If the Rangers are looking to move him ASAP than maybe but I don’t believe that’s the case.

At this point teams know what they’re getting with Tony. They’re either going to be okay with it or not

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I understand the point but I’ll be honest I don’t think this is going to have a long term effect on his value.

If the Rangers are looking to move him ASAP than maybe but I don’t believe that’s the case.

At this point teams know what they’re getting with Tony. They’re either going to be okay with it or not

I don’t think one incident is necessarily going to either. But you can’t see it become a trend. Quinn is inconsistent in how he doles out reprimands. He clearly has his pets and those he clashes with. If the only way he knows how to “develop” Tony is with scratches and benchings, that will eventually bring his value down. If it’s a one off, it’s a one off.

It still hurts the team as a whole. Take away one of the offense weapons and PP catalysts on a team that just got shutout and is trying to find their rhythm. Just to prove a point. There’s other ways to handle an emotional outburst in a 4-0 shit show season opener.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
With the JD connection to Columbus, it wouldn’t surprise me if he told GMJG to do whatever it takes to get Dubois. With Dubois having a $5M AAV, some salary would have to go to Columbus so Strome would make the most sense. The rest of the package gets a bit scary because Strome and a 1st I don’t think will get it done. How about:

Strome, Kravtsov, and a 2nd

For

Dubois

Seem fair?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
With the JD connection to Columbus, it wouldn’t surprise me if he told GMJG to do whatever it takes to get Dubois. With Dubois having a $5M AAV, some salary would have to go to Columbus so Strome would make the most sense. The rest of the package gets a bit scary because Strome and a 1st I don’t think will get it done. How about:

Strome, Kravtsov, and a 2nd

For

Dubois

Seem fair?
Columbus laughs and hangs up.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
The more you think about it, the more you come to the conclusion that a deal for PLD is clearly centered around ADA+Chytil+something else. What that something else is, I’m just not sure.

Reactions: LaffyTaffy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad