Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I don’t mind if ADA is moved. If it’s a move that helps the club, let’s fking go.

Making dumbass assumptions like,

“Wish they would have trade Deangelo for a LD at the deadline last year” like @KreiderBomb said, is my issue.

“Wish they would have” is a phrase to me that suggests something was on the table and we passed. A realistic offer. Not the, auto-generated horse of an ass response I got when I asked which LD was available last deadline for ADA. The only thing KB has to offer when I ask who was available, was this garbage here:

Trades are made everyday man, someone gave us Mcdonagh for Gomez, Zibanejad for Brassard, a boat load for a concussed Nash, always a sucker somewhere.

So, the moral of your story is SHAME on Gorton, for not trading DeAngelo for ______ from _______.

What an idiot Gorts is!!! He should have definitely made that trade. Fire Grots!

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/tony-deangelo-alexis-lafreniere-in-middle-of-rangers-shakeup/

"DeAngelo was temporarily demoted — he cannot officially be assigned to the taxi squad without clearing waivers, which might be a 50-50 proposition at this point given the off-ice baggage he’s toting — because of bad behavior, not because he was one of a cast of thousands to play badly."

So this is an interesting paragraph (I feel like Batman in the Batcave analyzing this). What does it really mean and why should it be posted here?

Because it's management leaking this to Larry as a subtle message to the DeAngelo camp. Are they actually going to waive him? No he's a valuable asset.

However he's clearly not in good graces of management and the coaching staff and he will be shopped as soon as this April for lefty help or a number two center.

I expect him and Hajek as part of a package soon.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/tony-deangelo-alexis-lafreniere-in-middle-of-rangers-shakeup/

"DeAngelo was temporarily demoted — he cannot officially be assigned to the taxi squad without clearing waivers, which might be a 50-50 proposition at this point given the off-ice baggage he’s toting — because of bad behavior, not because he was one of a cast of thousands to play badly."

So this is an interesting paragraph (I feel like Batman in the Batcave analyzing this). What does it really mean and why should it be posted here?

Because it's management leaking this to Larry as a subtle message to the DeAngelo camp. Are they actually going to waive him? No he's a valuable asset.

However he's clearly not in good graces of management and the coaching staff and he will be shopped as soon as this April for lefty help or a number two center.

Total crap...he showed some passion and with an empty arena the sound of the slamming door was magnified. Off ice baggage?? What a cheap shot . Larry needs a good old bus encounter as Torts would say!!

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Total crap...he showed some passion and with an empty arena the sound of the slamming door was magnified. Off ice baggage?? What a cheap shot . Larry needs a good old bus encounter as Torts would say!!

You gotta know your audience and have some emotional intelligence and your rep and how it impacts your interactions. The guy DOES have a lot of baggage going back to his days in juniors. This isn't my opinion but to steal a line from Larry, it is a fact. He has a shorter leash than others. Igor probably said some not so nice words to the ref after the goalie interference shenanigans that were worse than DeAngelo but he doesn't have the baggage and rep.

DeAngelo is a guy with low emotional intelligence. Here's an example: I've mentioned before I'm a huge Star Trek fan and I often quote lines from various series but it's not going to make sense or fly here or in my Zoom meetings. So I can either stop doing it, or realize my audience and chill. And my team doesn't know the difference between the Enterprise-A or Enterprise-D and doesn't care that Spock was Captain in that universe for X years between movies but that's my jam on my own time on different forums if I choose to do it.

DeAngelo's outspokenness and his history are going to cost him millions of dollars and to be an angry version of Marc-Andre Bergeron who was a second tier offensive DMan that moved around a lot.

Believe what you want to believe but don't let it simmer on the ice and have tantrums when you're a marked man. Dude is a very talented hockey player and an eligible bachelor. Worry about using your talent to win hockey games and become a legend in NY. You're a millionaire Tony, have some fun and meet some beautiful women too.

It's not too late but all signs are pointing to him being shipped out at the trade deadline.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
You gotta know your audience and have some emotional intelligence and your rep and how it impacts your interactions. The guy DOES have a lot of baggage going back to his days in juniors. This isn't my opinion but to steal a line from Larry, it is a fact. He has a shorter leash than others. Igor probably said some not so nice words to the ref after the goalie interference shenanigans that were worse than DeAngelo but he doesn't have the baggage and rep.

DeAngelo is a guy with low emotional intelligence. Here's an example: I've mentioned before I'm a huge Star Trek fan and I often quote lines from various series but it's not going to make sense or fly here or in my Zoom meetings. So I can either stop doing it, or realize my audience and chill. And my team doesn't know the difference between the Enterprise-A or Enterprise-D and doesn't care that Spock was Captain in that universe for X years between movies but that's my jam on my own time on different forums if I choose to do it.

DeAngelo's outspokenness and his history are going to cost him millions of dollars and to be an angry version of Marc-Andre Bergeron who was a second tier offensive DMan that moved around a lot.

Believe what you want to believe but don't let it simmer on the ice and have tantrums when you're a marked man. Dude is a very talented hockey player and an eligible bachelor. Worry about using your talent to win hockey games and become a legend in NY. You're a millionaire Tony, have some fun and meet some beautiful women too.

It's not too late but all signs are pointing to him being shipped out at the trade deadline.

Nothing like some subjective entry level psychology to start your rainy Saturday morning..

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
TDA is on the clock because of the cap either way. Trouba and Fox, with Nils and Schneider in the system. I just want them to maximize his value however they can, even if that means futures. The amount of suitors for Tony and what theyre willing to give up will be limited so I hope theres no urgent need to shoehorn a move for a C or LD and they just take whoever they can get. You see trades like Johansen for Jones, Drouin for Sergachev, Fiala for Granlund.... if you have the players/propsects a move will materialize for whatever position you need. I just dont want him to be a throw-in how JT Miller was, they need to maximize his value

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

Uh..... um.

please refer to his stats from last 2 seasons. BEST NYR DMAN NUMBERS IN FOREVER.

It’s not like he’s killing puppies

HE SLAMMED THE PENALTY BOX DOOR. Nothing more.

and Star Trek.... um....

I’ll take a Neanderthal if he wins games for me over a woke intelligent and inclusive thinker ANYDAY.

this is hockey not Harvard university here.... yeesh

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Uh..... um.

please refer to his stats from last 2 seasons. BEST NYR DMAN NUMBERS IN FOREVER.

It’s not like he’s killing puppies

HE SLAMMED THE PENALTY BOX DOOR. Nothing more.

and Star Trek.... um....

I’ll take a Neanderthal if he wins games for me over a woke intelligent and inclusive thinker ANYDAY.

this is hockey not Harvard university here.... yeesh
I think it’s pretty clear that this isn’t about slamming the penalty box door.

I’m on Tony’s side here though. I’ll take a guy playing with passion every time.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
You know how refs are overzealous at a start of the season call everything (only to ease off as the season progresses). Partially the reason for it is to set up some level of boundaries for the players so that they won’t need to use a whistle as often later.

The same approach is used by coaching staff re. disciplining their own player(s). So benching ADA (with his history of emotional reactions to a game situation) early on could be appropriate to be able to not deal with this issue later on.

Last edited:

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
The overreaction to DeAngelo is insane. DQ only fed the haters with the stupidity of singling out DeAngelo when the whole team was garbage. Now the haters are jumping at the opportunity to bury him. Society is pathetic right now.

Reactions: pld459666

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Please try to remember again that that there were no preseason games. So the lines scrambling by Quinn is explainable, especially with barely any offense against the Isles. We knew that there was an open spot for RW behind Buchnevich (still must be moved ASAP, amiright :sarcasm: ?) and Kakko was the logical first option. But it shouldn’t be an issue that he got essentially flipped lines with our incoming 1OA. What’s the problem? Quinn will get a look see if Lafreniere fits there and a bit of a warning to Kakko that it’s expected that he has to do better.

So saying it - while I’m fine with giving Lafreniere a look at RW with Panarin and Strome, first I admit that I generally dislike reactionary roster moves by coaches. It doesn’t give a coach a good look when they’re scrambling and typically this approach doesn’t work out. However in this crazy season I know it’s unpopular opinion but I will still continue to give Quinn my benefit of a doubt based on his whole body of work - how the team developed since his first day on the job.

Reactions: bl02

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The overreaction to DeAngelo is insane. DQ only fed the haters with the stupidity of singling out DeAngelo when the whole team was garbage. Now the haters are jumping at the opportunity to bury him. Society is pathetic right now.

He was singled out not because he played more like garbage than the rest of the team, and different players require different approaches.

But otherwise I agree with the main message in your post.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Good article by Larry. Nice to see someone calling out Quinn for his nonsense and inability to have the team prepared

And nice to see Tony put on blast for being an idiot

Reactions: Cawlidge Hawkey

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He was singled out not because he played more like garbage than the rest of the team, and different players require different approaches.

Oh I know it wasn’t based on his play. But when you step back and look at the entire game, it is absolutely laughable that DQ thinks DeAngelo is who needs to be made an example of here and addressed.

DQ should bench himself for having his team unprepared for another “big game” yet again. In a 56 game season, after months off, I at least expected the team to have more jump and energy. Sure maybe they would look sloppy with a shortened training camp, no preseason games, and being young, but the effort was non-existent.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY

But he didnt play more like garbage than other players. Especially JJ.

And panarin sucked ass too but u dont see him benched.
Why? Bc u dont bench your best player if u want to win.

so how does it help the team win by benching their best offensive dman since Leetch? It doesnt its bs.

same goes for demoting gauthier and kakko. Quinn is throwing darts to make a lineup

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Oh I know it wasn’t based on his play. But when you step back and look at the entire game, it is absolutely laughable that DQ thinks DeAngelo is who needs to be made an example of here and addressed.

DQ should bench himself for having his team unprepared for another “big game” yet again. In a 56 game season, after months off, I at least expected the team to have more jump and energy. Sure maybe they would look sloppy with a shortened training camp, no preseason games, and being young, but the effort was non-existent.
But he didnt play more like garbage than other players. Especially JJ.

And panarin sucked ass too but u dont see him benched.
Why? Bc u dont bench your best player if u want to win.

so how does it help the team win by benching their best offensive dman since Leetch? It doesnt its bs.

same goes for demoting gauthier and kakko. Quinn is throwing darts to make a lineup

ADA wasn’t made an example, at least it wasn’t the prime motivation IMO. He is benched because of ADA’s own specific issues.

Edit: and stepping back is right. At this point decisions are / will be made with the whole season long picture in mind

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I’ve never seen a 60+ Pt d man have as little league wide value as ADA. We need to position this move as an Irish Promotion so that his value doesn’t continue to trend down

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I’ve never seen a 60+ Pt d man have as little league wide value as ADA. We need to position this move as an Irish Promotion so that his value doesn’t continue to trend down

and ive never seen a fanbase who wanted to get rid of a 60pt dman so quickly while constantly whining that we never have a good offensive dman

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

Yup losing him for nothing or for pennies on the dollar is a much better idea kupo....SMRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad