Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What about if he struggles off the bat? What will NY Media and fans say then after gutting our prospect depth? 'Have patience' or 'off with his head, there were red flags!!!'?
What if he doesn’t? Can say that for anyone.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
They are similar. Columbus is in a better situation than Calgary or Carolina though.

Sesame Street today have been brought to you by the letter C (is for cookie)

Similar in the sense both wanted out.

Apples and sandpaper different in that one is purposely playing like ass and the other didn't sign a contract.

But yea, similar

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
You can demand a trade or try to push yourself in a single direction by doing a bunch of things...

You don't do it by dogging it on the ice. Not only does that reflect poorly on you, it won't help push things along the way that you want them to.

I think we can forgive a 22 year-old for not handling it well, though. There are probably more 22-year-olds out there who would handle a situation like this (job they don't like, boss starts treating them like shit) than would handle it well.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Similar in the sense both wanted out.

Apples and sandpaper different in that one is purposely playing like ass and the other didn't sign a contract.

But yea, similar
It’s two players holding the teams with their rights hostage. Ya all just want to give Fox a free pass because it worked out well for the Rangers.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
It’s two players holding the teams with their rights hostage. Ya all just want to give Fox a free pass because it worked out well for the Rangers.

Not at all. Had he pulled the same shit, I'd want nothing to do with him as well.

Its one thing to want out. I get that. I have no problem with that.

Its another thing completely whe you purposely shit the bed and leave your teammates a man short both when you are on the bench and in essence when you are on the ice.

These are not comparable situations between what PLD is doing and what Fox did.

One is an NHL player, the other was an unproven prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad