Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Was just debating the Laine to the Canes thing on the main boards (y'all can laugh at me for even trying) and I realized Nashville might be a good landing spot for Georiev down the line depending on what goes on with Saros or if they have a 1A/1B type deal.

Obviously, they are still in win now mode, but, Nashville and Georgiev would be a hedge move for them because at some time Askarov should be knocking on the door in the next few years.

So one of Soros/Georgiev is on borrowed time if that move was made. I don't think they would pony up what NYR Brass feels Georgiev is worth to us with that premise.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Not that Avery had great hair but he definitely had fashion style. He can also RUB some sandpaper on the kids a bit. Bring him in for a motivational meeting.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Disgusting clickbait title. This is the extent of the mention of Lafreniere:

If the Rangers ask about Dubois, then the Jackets would be pretty well obligated to ask for Alexis Lafreniere in return, don’t you think? And if Lafreniere is walled off, Kaapo Kakko would have to be next in line, and because Kakko is a wing while Dubois plays the middle, figure that the Finn alone wouldn’t be enough.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think people are forgetting about how good of a prospect Kakko is because he didn't adjust well last year as a kid in his rookie year. I really like PLD but i don't think you add anything to that deal and if you have to i dont think you make it. I get he's a center but hes also a much higher salary cap now and even more so in 2 years. I personally don't do that deal, as much as we want a 2c upgrade we are thin on the right side too without Kakko, really thin and it just adds cap space to this team and gives up a cost controlled player.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Btw I just realized this roster’s average age is 25.4 years old.

As far as I know that’s the youngest average in the league by a full year.

Smith, Johnson, and Bitetto the guys over 30.

It’s almost easy to overlook this point. The Rangers are a VERY young team, and they are going to keep infusing the roster with young talent.

Listen I get Brooks gets paid to write shit that gets clicks but is he smoking crack?

There’s no universe where Kakko would get traded for PLD 1 for 1, let alone adding to Kakko lol

(Sigh) I feel somewhat responsible for this article...and I’ll leave it at that.

In short, no, I do not see the Rangers going the Kakko route. For a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is upside, money and an understanding of timelines for top young talent.

Dubois is an excellent young player. But the Rangers are not going to suddenly lose their f***ing minds.

Now, are they willing to make a painful deal? Yes. On that point Uncle Larry isn’t too far off.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I mean Dubois is only 1 year older than Chytil. He’s 100 days younger than Howden. It’s not like he fits our timeline that differently than any of the painful young players we’d be giving up. Dealing from a position of strength to not just solidify, but absolutely cement one of our only positions of weakness isn’t a bad move.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It’s almost easy to overlook this point. The Rangers are a VERY young team, and they are going to keep infusing the roster with young talent.

(Sigh) I feel somewhat responsible for this article...and I’ll leave it at that.

In short, no, I do not see the Rangers going the Kakko route. For a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is upside, money and an understanding of timelines for top young talent.

Dubois is an excellent young player. But the Rangers are not going to suddenly lose their f***ing minds.

Now, are they willing to make a painful deal? Yes. On that point Uncle Larry isn’t too far off.
Ottawa is 26.2 which is the next closest. From CapFriendly.

This Tweet is minutes weighted age where the Rangers are 2nd, even though this is from before drafting Lafreniere and Lundqvist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad