Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Does this include DeAngelo too? :propeller

Nope

he is exempt from all the excuses afforded everyone else

jack johnson was a nightmare. He made me long for Marc steal.

everyone’s wet dream Miller was abysmal and wasn’t close to ready to play 1st pair minutes

even golden boy Adam fox got his pocket picked pretty badly

Oh and jake trouba looked pedestrian at best losing his assignments and looking lost

Yet deangelo should sit because he slammed the box door.

there’s a rat in Boston that does that all the time and he A. Isn’t penalized and B. Is beloved for his “style”.

but for tony, we would have come back right Dave ? He shows emotion and some fire. Everyone else looked rather disinterested

fire Quinn.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Wow, it has been so long since the team has played that I forgot how incredibly bipolar this board is.

Watch them win 5-2 tomorrow and many will do an immediate 180.

Nah, if I’ve learned anything over the years it’s that we can take a lot of negatives away even from a win. I mean, we’ll highlight the bright spots, but we’ll still bitch. NYers, right?

Reactions: Barnaby

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Theres no reason to assume there wasnt either or that we'd get trashed in a trade either. I don't know what you are reaching for here. Just off the top of my head though, Vegas as an example had 5 left shot dmen, there was potential there for a trade that wouldn't have necessarily have had to been a future. The problem now is that Deangelo's value is plummeting hard, between his off ice stuff that some teams wouldn't be comfortable with, and now he's in the dog house again. We should have sold high is all im saying, and thats not me looking back, thats what i said last year too.

I don’t think you realize how much harder it is to make trades nowadays than it was in the past.

You just dislike Tony and don’t give a rats ass who he’s moved for.

Admit it.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Theres no reason to assume there wasnt either or that we'd get trashed in a trade either. I don't know what you are reaching for here. Just off the top of my head though, Vegas as an example had 5 left shot dmen, there was potential there for a trade that wouldn't have necessarily have had to been a future. The problem now is that Deangelo's value is plummeting hard, between his off ice stuff that some teams wouldn't be comfortable with, and now he's in the dog house again. We should have sold high is all im saying, and thats not me looking back, thats what i said last year too.

It has been 1 game. 1. Uno.

He took a bad penalty in a lost game once this year.

This is so knee jerk that it’s scary.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I don’t think you realize how much harder it is to make trades nowadays than it was in the past.

You just dislike Tony and don’t give a rats ass who he’s moved for.

Admit it.

I have no opinion on Deangelo the person, i could care less about that. I don't like his defensive ability and i don't feel you can win with defensemen in key spots with his cap hit that can't defend. I also think he had his career year last year and I'm doubtful he will get to that level again. I also dislike our teams left side and would be happier if someone better than Jack Johnson or Smith was able to play there. Finally, I also believe a player has to be in the lineup to be useful, tony has been scratched more than his share since he got here. So those are my real reasons, no need to infer what they are.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I have no opinion on Deangelo the person, i could care less about that. I don't like his defensive ability and i don't feel you can win with defensemen in key spots with his cap hit that can't defend. I also think he had his career year last year and I'm doubtful he will get to that level again. I also dislike our teams left side and would be happier if someone better than Jack Johnson or Smith was able to play there. Finally, I also believe a player has to be in the lineup to be useful, tony has been scratched more than his share since he got here. So those are my real reasons, no need to infer what they are.

I’ll bite, how many times was he scratched last year in a non injury situation.

... and of course it comes back to value again. How many legit LD’s have been dealt in the last year that would’ve been an improvement and proper value?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
One factor is of consideration. Will the nhl call lots of penalties like they typically do early in the season? If so, Rangers could benefit/win early on if the power is effective. If the nhl goes into mid season form and it’s a rougher tight checking game, maybe a little less opportunity to take advantage of.
Just one game so far but it seems they’re calling it like they did last year...ticky-tack on the Rangers but super-chill on the opponents.

(I know I’m exaggerating but I’m still aggravated from yesterday).

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
We spent years, literally, years looking for that Dmen that can run our PP and now that we finally have that, you want to move him for a whatever LD.

Saying you don’t like his defensive play is one thing. Suggesting he can’t defend is a blatant lie. You sound like the DeAngelo trolls on the trade forum with that garbage.

DeAngelo wasn’t scratched a single game last season. He hasn’t officially been scratched yet this year either.

You also didn’t seem to have a problem with ADA 3 months ago when he was re-signed.

Where did i say i was basing this on recent play?

Perfect signing for us now and in the future, gives us time to see Lundkvist and Schneider progress. I love it.

You “loved it”. Now you’re changing your tune and whining about how we should have traded him for some nameless LD because of trades like Nash and Gomez in the past.

Keep overreacting bruh. Tony will put up 4p over the next 5G and you’ll “love him” again.

:facepalm:

Reactions: Barnaby and bl02

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think the benching is a byproduct of two years of trying to get through to the guy before he got a big payday, and then his first game after said payday he goes back to selfish overreaction. Probably just trying to nip this before it has a chance to snowball. ADA has made great strides but he like everyone had a bad game, he unlike others took the stupid selfish penalty
I agree, but I also appreciate ADA giving the refs an ear-full. He was wrong to do it, but as Chris Rock says, I understand why he did it.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
You’re right. Trades do happen. You remember the Hagelin trade? Zubov trade? Graves for Bigras?

There’s no reason to blindly assume a LD was available at the deadline for ADA. Most players moved on the deadline aren’t core players which is the only type of player we should consider trading ADA for. They’re usually rentals for futures.

Yea, and not for nothing that is def an off-season type of move. Apparently, the Rangers were listening on ADA so the fact he’s hear tells you they couldn’t bring back the right player and/or value. There were also salaries and cap constrictions this year that made it that much difficult to complete deals bc the money had to be right moreso than usual.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
We spent years, literally, years looking for that Dmen that can run our PP and now that we finally have that, you want to move him for a whatever LD.

Saying you don’t like his defensive play is one thing. Suggesting he can’t defend is a blatant lie. You sound like the DeAngelo trolls on the trade forum with that garbage.

DeAngelo wasn’t scratched a single game last season. He hasn’t officially been scratched yet this year either.

You also didn’t seem to have a problem with ADA 3 months ago when he was re-signed.

You “loved it”. Now you’re changing your tune and whining about how we should have traded him for some nameless LD because of trades like Nash and Gomez in the past.

Keep overreacting bruh. Tony will put up 4p over the next 5G and you’ll “love him” again.

:facepalm:

Deangelo is below average defensively that's not debatable BRUH. I've wanted him moved at the deadline, once that past he needed to be signed or get nothing for him. I loved the short term deal in that he wasn't gonna be a long term solution which even if you wanna make out with him he never will be, he's here for less than 2 years you turning a blind eye to his inability to defend isn't changing that. Get back under your bridge

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Yea, and not for nothing that is def an off-season type of move. Apparently, the Rangers were listening on ADA so the fact he’s hear tells you they couldn’t bring back the right player and/or value. There were also salaries and cap constrictions this year that made it that much difficult to complete deals bc the money had to be right moreso than usual.
I think Gorton listens to any and every proposal GM’s swing his way. Nobody’s untouchable. Well, almost lol.

Hey, if you can sell high, or trade from a position of strength for a position of weakness, it’s worth entertaining.

At the end of the day, if the trade improves the team, zero f***s given on my part who that player is.

I survived watching Thurman Thomas in a Dolphins jersey. Leetch in a Bruins jersey. And Lundqvist in a Caps jersey. My eyeballs have already been burned to shit so the only thing I focus on now is the team.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Deangelo is below average defensively that's not debatable BRUH. I've wanted him moved at the deadline, once that past he needed to be signed or get nothing for him. I loved the short term deal in that he wasn't gonna be a long term solution which even if you wanna make out with him he never will be, he's here for less than 2 years you turning a blind eye to his inability to defend isn't changing that. Get back under your bridge
You loved signing a below average dmen. Gotcha.

And we could have traded ADA. He was a RFA.

Every player has a shelf life. So does every coach. Let’s see who stays here longer. Quinn, or ADA.

I think the 25 year old who’s an absolute stud offensively will outlast Quinn.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
You loved signing a below average dmen. Gotcha.

And we could have traded ADA. He was a RFA.

Every player has a shelf life. So does every coach. Let’s see who stays here longer. Quinn, or ADA.

I think the 25 year old who’s an absolute stud offensively will outlast Quinn.

Hahaha thats funny. He's literally the Brandon Pirri of defenseman. Why are you bringing up Quinn? Tony will be gone before his next contract is signed, its doubtful either is here really by then.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Literally? Really?

Tony put up 30p in 2018 and 53p in 68g last season.

Pirri’s career high is 24. Comparing the two is an extremely silly analogy. You’re playing 0D chess atm.

0d chess wow that really.....well that really makes no sense, like 0.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
0d chess wow that really.....well that really makes no sense, like 0.
It’s painful watching you struggle :facepalm:

WLwr.gif

Reactions: Kravtsov420
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad