Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I think Schneider is more likely to stick around than Lundkvist.
Ok to substitute, it’s a nice problem to have in a couple of years. Schneider probably make more sense with Jones as a partner and Lund with Robertson. If we obtain PLD as my lineup indicates one of them has to go the other way IMO.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
So the Covid is under control, revenues are increasing, the cap is rising, and the NHL allows compliance buy-outs? I'm not following.

Yup as almost like a stimulus for having to go through a few seasons of flat cap and limited budgets, defer some money to later with a buyout.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Ok to substitute, it’s a nice problem to have in a couple of years. Schneider probably make more sense with Jones as a partner and Lund with Robertson. If we obtain PLD as my lineup indicates one of them has to go the other way IMO.

Lundkvist might end up being the best trade asset the Rangers have if they're going to pursue the likes of Eichel/PLD.

Last edited:

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
@True Blue and @Mac n Gs

stepan was a number one center for the rangers that doesn’t make him a bonafide star. I don’t think he will be better then zib and likely you’d be replacing zib with him. Idk he’s a good young player but like I’ve said before I don’t think it fits our timeline to make the trade now

I could be wrong and an idiot. It’s definitely happened multiple times before

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
*sheds tear*

Read a lot about KK 2021 this morning. Thrilled with all the reports coming out of camp. Kid seems driven, focused and stronger than ever. Big hopes for the big kid.

I can't find KK's current weight though? He's listed at 200/6'3
and it looks like his skin cleared up too. Grown up Kakko is going to wreck shit this year AINEC

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
@Edge if the Rangers are making a strong playoff push can you see a big deal at the deadline like PLD or is a trade like that for next offseason?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
@True Blue and @Mac n Gs

stepan was a number one center for the rangers that doesn’t make him a bonafide star. I don’t think he will be better then zib and likely you’d be replacing zib with him. Idk he’s a good young player but like I’ve said before I don’t think it fits our timeline to make the trade now

I could be wrong and an idiot. It’s definitely happened multiple times before
Hey now, don’t make me go on a rant about how severely underrated Derek Stepan was as a Ranger :laugh:

Again, I understand the concern, but I’d point attention towards PLD already being better than Zibanejad at the same age and having two years of improving play as a first-line center. If we did acquire him, he’d play behind Mika for at least one year, and then he would serve as an internal option for the 1C of the future.

I don’t think it’s an over-projection to forecast him as a 30-40-70-esque type of player moving forward, and I could easily see those numbers pushing 80-85 points given our system and his potential linemates. I think he’d easily become a fan favorite too.

What’s your current outlook for our timeline?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
oP82wBM.jpg

Reactions: egelband and Cag29

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
The 3 year Stalin Plan (ok he went 5):

Pan Ziba Kakko
Laf PLD Krat
Krieder Barron Gauthier
Kho Richards Cuylle

Miller Trouba
Lindgren Fox
Robertson/Jones Lundkvist
Woah, I was just talking to my buddy about trading for PLD with something around TDA, Strome, Buch... that top 6 is crazy. What happened to Chytil? Lol

Reactions: McSauer

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
In other news, I think we've fallen out of one of the top spots for most attractive team by a few notches for sure. Laf needs to hit an actual barber up and stop with his I-let-my-mom-do-it- haircut

Reactions: Rongomania

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
In other news, I think we've fallen out of one of the top spots for most attractive team by a few notches for sure. Laf needs to hit an actual barber up and stop with his I-let-my-mom-do-it- haircut
The leadership group of Zib, Bread,Troubs, and Kreider need to pull him
aside and let him know if he’s serious about being a core member of this group he better start letting that lettuce grow wild

Reactions: Rongomania

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Btw I just realized this roster’s average age is 25.4 years old.

As far as I know that’s the youngest average in the league by a full year.

Smith, Johnson, and Bitetto the guys over 30.
Yep and they will be gone by end of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad