Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I think Boo Nieves will return and take his rightful spot as Captain when the synergy finally blossoms between he and Kreider. He will come forth and blossom like a Phoenix before our eyes.

That's hundo-p my next tattoo. Book it.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Man, it's going to be a real trip in the future, looking back on this roster...showing my grandkids pictures of the Stanley Cup win this coming season...

...Gary Bettman posing with the Cup and handing it off to our captain and Conn Smythe winner...Jack Johnson.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
So when’s Camp!? If January wouldn’t they need 2 weeks Atleast to get ready ?
Heard Brian Burke on NHL radio around noon. He was saying that his contacts in the Networks said that the NHL Finals must be completed by July 15th at the latest. Playoffs start in May. Season prob won't start before Feb 1. Camps open around the Jan 15 mark.

Thats his projection.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
What bettman and the nhl owners have cooked up here right before camp is supposed to start is a disgrace. Basically reneging on a good faith collectively bargained agreement not 5 months old. While the nba just released a preseason schedule. A league that ended after ours did. The nhl is in the middle of a labor dispute AGAIN. Just shameful what they’re doing right now. Shameful.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
What bettman and the nhl owners have cooked up here right before camp is supposed to start is a disgrace. Basically reneging on a good faith collectively bargained agreement not 5 months old. While the nba just released a preseason schedule. A league that ended after ours did. The nhl is in the middle of a labor dispute AGAIN. Just shameful what they’re doing right now. Shameful.
Every time we get the casual fans back they find a way to lose them again. It’s honestly a joke that the NBA and NFL is going on and the NHL is dragging their feet.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
it wasn't a rotation. he wore it cause the real alternate captains were out.

They had a rotation of zib kreider fast and Staal, and when they were hurt Trouba was the A. They weren't gonna hand it to him as soon as he got here over guys who were here for a while, so whats your point? He was an alternate captain last year and it wouldn't surprise me if he was named captain.

Reactions: egelband

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
They had a rotation of zib kreider fast and Staal, and when they were hurt Trouba was the A. They weren't gonna hand it to him as soon as he got here over guys who were here for a while, so whats your point? He was an alternate captain last year and it wouldn't surprise me if he was named captain.

my point is that you are trying to make a false narrative about how the rangers put the A on zibanejad and kreider who were alternate captains but didn't put one on trouba who was NOT is a sign that he's gonna be the captain. the fact that he was the guy that filled in when others were hurt, means he is likely the next in line to be named alternate captain but he was never an alternate captain

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I feel like the Rangers PR machine overestimates Trouba's popularity with the fanbase.

Reactions: frozenrubber
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad