Roster Building thread - Part IX - (2024 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Did Giroux put us on his no trade list while he was a flyer? If not and if we can’t find a younger/better option, he might be worth the price. We’d get 2 runs with him.
Let me guess, you want to add a 6 mil player by getting rid of two 3 mil players. And the. You also want to add Hanifin at 7. But you’ll figure that part out later.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Let me guess, you want to add a 6 mil player by getting rid of two 3 mil players. And the. You also want to add Hanifin at 7. But you’ll figure that part out later.
Did I say anything about Hanifin?

Pay to get Giroux at 50%, move a depth forward to clear extra space.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
As I said before, doesn't make a difference if he's playing C or W -- he's gonna get hit again. THAT is the concern.
I think the concern is that losing a winger is easier to deal with that losing a center. I can get on board with the logic.

The likelihood of getting hurt is no different based on the position, but the lineup can more easily sustain the loss of a winger so it might make sense to slot the risky player into the less important position to hopefully have a bit more certainty down the middle.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
If I remember correctly, Drury was handpicked by Sather who (by all accounts) can do no wrong in the eyes of The Dolt.

Drury also helped himself out by going on some very public interviews for GM positions around the league.

My bet (just my opinion) was that Drury got an offer and approached Sather and Dolan with it. Which made it even easier to get rid of JG and JD.

Also... Not sure I'd you're aware. But Drury won a little league world series. :sarcasm:

Reactions: leetch99

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Where are the Rangers finding this cap space? If Chytil does return before the trade deadline/regular season, the Rangers can't use his money on LTIR. It sounds like Kakko will be skating with the team in the near future. Kakko has been skating on his own. Laviolette said Kakko is progressing.

The trade deadline is on March 8. It's not that far away. The Rangers are running out time to accrue money.

I read all of these trade posts. Where is the money coming from with Chytil and Kakko returning? If Fli is out, the Rangers need to add a center because Bonino isn't the answer. Kakko should be back.

Mollie wrote about adding another winger. Does she listen to Larry on the pod when he discusses the Rangers cap situation?

Drury needs to add another D because Mollie's college buddy Zac Jones isn't the answer when something happens to the top 6 D.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Drury also helped himself out by going on some very public interviews for GM positions around the league.

My bet (just my opinion) was that Drury got an offer and approached Sather and Dolan with it. Which made it even easier to get rid of JG and JD.

Also... Not sure I'd you're aware. But Drury won a little league world series. :sarcasm:
It's always good to "test the waters", but I seriously doubt Drury had any ideas about going elsewhere....I suspect Sather had his eye on him for GM as far back as his last season as a player....look at how quickly he flew thru the ranks -- in a mere 6 years he went from director of player development to GM & Pres.

Reactions: Go Rangers

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Sean Monohan is a likely target, can play wing or center, not exactly who i want buy he's versatile and available and could help this team if Chytil can't come back or just help our wing depth. His contract is manageable as well.

Reactions: egelband

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Sean Monohan is a likely target, can play wing or center, not exactly who i want buy he's versatile and available and could help this team if Chytil can't come back or just help our wing depth. His contract is manageable as well.

He's horrendous defensively, always has been. I hope that's not the target. Id' prefer to go find a guy who can play some harder minutes and transport the puck.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I still see Gourde as the perfect fit. We need a middle6/3C. He's strong defensively and is tenacious.

Cost and cap is the problem. We'd need retention ( level varies depending on Chytil ). Retention would probably cost, when all said and done, a 1st. Maybe with some conditions?

Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Zibs Wheeler
Cuylle Gourde Kakko

With the assumption they will keep Chytil out for the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia