Roster Building thread - Part IX - (2024 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Just to go completely bonkers, lets say Tampa is dangling Stamkos, and the Rangers can basically do something like an MSL trade 2.0 (first this year, lottery protected first in one of the next two years, 2027 second; I'm not giving up Perrault/Othmann/Edstrom/Fortescue) what say y'all?

Chytil comes back and plays on a third line with Stamkos and Cullye. Kakko and Wheeler can figure out the other wing stuff with one on the first and the other in over Pitlick.

This is Sather-esque booking. Just curious.
no

Reactions: majordomo

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Eddie Olzyck was asked tonight what he thought of the Rangers."I'd keep an eye on Will Cuylle. He scored again tonight he just has a real nose for the net in an old school way. I'm seeing a Jarome Iginla type player."After a pause: "Maybe better"High praise
I like Will's game but to compare him to a hall of fame player unless he was solely discussing playing style is just flat out crazy. That is like the Chytil and Jagr comparisons from years ago.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
rangers need a 3C that can do everything well badly. Is Jenner it? How much would he cost?
There is absolutely zero chance they will trade him. They were so desperate for centers they tried to convert Patrik Laine.

The other guys they have are all still on their ELCs. They desperately need to add a veteran center, not trade their only one.

It's an HF wet dream to have your top 3 centers all be high picks on their ELCs but in practice you lose an ass load of games and guys don't develop.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Jenner kind of sucks defensively though doesn't he?

I know hes got the rep as a good 2 way player but Im pretty sure the data suggests otherwise.

I like the heavy game and he certainly plays with plenty of lean but we're already floundering a bit with the team defense, I don't want to lean into that anymore.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Just to go completely bonkers, lets say Tampa is dangling Stamkos, and the Rangers can basically do something like an MSL trade 2.0 (first this year, lottery protected first in one of the next two years, 2027 second; I'm not giving up Perrault/Othmann/Edstrom/Fortescue) what say y'all?

Chytil comes back and plays on a third line with Stamkos and Cullye. Kakko and Wheeler can figure out the other wing stuff with one on the first and the other in over Pitlick.

This is Sather-esque booking. Just curious.
You're paying for full Stamkos price when we won't even be using his greatest asset, the PP. Hell nah. And LOL at your untouchables.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
I think even if Chytil progresses and shows a chance of coming back with a month or two left in the season they'll just keep him on LTIR till the playoffs.
They can't "just" keep him on LTIR, unless you think they're going to lie or search for a doctor that will sign off on a favorable timetable.

$3.75M for next two years. Boone Jenner between Cuylle and Kakko. Shoot that right into my veins.
I think he'd be costly, but that would be an entertaining line, that's for sure.

I like Will's game but to compare him to a hall of fame player unless he was solely discussing playing style is just flat out crazy. That is like the Chytil and Jagr comparisons from years ago.
It was silly to add "maybe better." Up until that, it was implied that it was playing style. It makes sense to say "this talented 3rd liner who plays a heavy game and has a goal scoring touch, similar to this great power forward with a touch of "grindiness" to his game." But then he dropped the hottest take of 2023!

NGL, Chytil has a frame for a Jagr-like build. Stylistically, he's closer to a Mika-lite, and Kakko's closer to the Jagr-like puck shielder on the boards. Fil could work on his board cycling game a bit (the kid line had some good moments of this that were in stark contrast to the other "transition" lines), and Kaapo needs to learn to walk it a couple steps from the boards for a shot or lift a pass across the slot like Jags.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
If I told you Jonathan Toews would sign for the remainder of the year at say $1.5m, would you take that?
It would have to be league minimum. Even then I don’t think he has anything left. I mean it wouldn’t hurt to have the added center depth from a guy with a ton of pedigree and you could bury the contract if it doesn’t workout.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Did Giroux put us on his no trade list while he was a flyer? If not and if we can’t find a younger/better option, he might be worth the price. We’d get 2 runs with him.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Sure. JD would just love to load up the Rangers with Boone for the playoffs.

It's still very odd to me that JD, Gorts and the entire coaching staff gets shit canned, and Drury quickly gets the Pres and GM job.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Sure. JD would just love to load up the Rangers with Boone for the playoffs.

It's still very odd to me that JD, Gorts and the entire coaching staff gets shit canned, and Drury quickly gets the Pres and GM job.
He was next in line...he was assistant then associate GM during their time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad