Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXI - All along the Watch Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Brodzinski was recalled to the taxi squad from the minors today.

Which absolutely sucks bc he looked like an ECHLer in his one game this season. Hopefully he only gets a few minutes.

Given what you just said im actually kinda happy he is getting another shot. I mean if we took K'andre's first game and based whether he played again or not on that game he'd be in hartford. I don't know muvh about the kid but hopefully he looks better this game.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn

Which absolutely sucks bc he looked like an ECHLer in his one game this season. Hopefully he only gets a few minutes.
Could just correspond with Sunday's demotion of Fontaine from taxi squad to Hartford. I imagine we'll see Smith at F in a bottom-six of Rooney, Blackwell, Howden, Lemieux, and Gauthier before Brodzinski comes in.

EDIT: welp, maybe not

Last edited:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
If ever now it’s the time for Mika to really step up his game.
Watching how he reacted after that hit on the EN goal.....I don't think it is by any means a stretch of the imagination to say he is not a very healthy guy these days . He is one hurting unit judging by his skate across the ice after that goal. I wonder if we would not be better served by giving the guy a couple of weeks to rest up and get healthier ?

Reactions: NYRangers16

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

the rangers have bounced a few guys between the AHL and the taxi squad all year giving them each time on the taxi squad....Brodzinski, Raddysh, Fontaine, Barron, Khodernko, Gettinger, Crawley have all spent time on the taxi squad

I think brodzinski is the most likely callup, especially if they don't expect kakko out long. because he is a veteran...but I don't know that the taxi squad move is proof. We'll find out for sure today at practice

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Seems like a good time to pick up a depth F like Granlund who could still be flipped at the deadline, or if he strikes some chemistry, re-signed.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Who would give up an asset 45 days from now for someone they could just sign right now?
They couldn't sign them, they'd have to trade for them. Maybe a team that doesnt have the cap space we have now. They could clear room by the deadline, or we could retain max on expiring contract to maximize the flip.

Reactions: Synergy27

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Last edited:
Reactions: RGY

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.03.48 AM.png

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Brodzinski , PDG, Blackwell , Rooney... ugh

no offence cause some of those guys are chipping in but it’s a bunch of AHL bubble Guys

cap space next year hopefully ends this pattern

Reactions: RGY

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Brodzinski , PDG, Blackwell , Rooney... ugh

no offence cause some of those guys are chipping in but it’s a bunch of AHL bubble Guys

cap space next year hopefully ends this pattern

pdg, blackwell and rooney have played great. just cause you think they are AHLers doesn't mean they aren't playing well. And we are missing an entire line (panarin, chytil, kakko)....how many teams are 5 lines depth with NHL talent? the lineup sucks but these guys are doing exactly what they were signed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad