Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXII: “The Year of the Plague’s” last one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Yeah, I kinda think the reason they didn't sign him was someone explained to him if you sign him now after saying that it looks like tampering.
D-USjk9UIAAT5_Y
feels like there must be some sort of statute of limitations on that statement. Like if you signed him back when UFA opened, ok maybe. But after 30 teams have passed on him for 3 months? But i can see why they didn't sign him before.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
A little surprised the Rangers did not take a flyer on a guy like Perry who signed with the Canadians for virtually nothing. Sure he was brutal last year but he’s a guy worth taking a flyer on. Wonder if he has character issues or if the cap space is actually that tight.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A little surprised the Rangers did not take a flyer on a guy like Perry who signed with the Canadians for virtually nothing. Sure he was brutal last year but he’s a guy worth taking a flyer on. Wonder if he has character issues or if the cap space is actually that tight.

Maybe they did. At 750k, we could easily fit him under the cap by demoting Blackwell/Rooney.

But maybe Perry had other offers he preferred, including the one from Montreal

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I think there's another $6M when Boychuk goes on LTIR. Anyways, it will be tight. I agree, I think the play is to walk away from Barzal. Depth is important. You never know when you're going to need that third goalie.
Good move, just in case the Islander GM is reading the Rangers RBT looking for advice.

I AGREE WITH THE QUOTED POST AVOVE.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Which comes from the utterly false premise of an argument that is rooted in a ridiculous belief that "anyone can do it".

What are your other options that will be able to play on the second line, with your best player and cost the same or less?

Panarin was single-handedly responsible for Strome being able to put the puck in the right place? Amazing.

I’m happy I put myself in a situation to not get involved in another “anyone can do it discussion” :naughty:

I have had a fair share of these already and sure there will be more to come.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
It's probably because he skates in mud.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Crazy schedule, rival match-ups all the way, short camp, etc etc etc.

I am definitely not super comfortable with our depth. Not the protection we have for the kids. I know the later isn’t popular, but...

Ultimately, I wouldn’t mind going into the season with 6 guys that are more than capable 4th liners along side the top 9. We can easily be without 3-4 forwards for longer stretches. It’s not a normal year.

Agreed. I see us as in a tight competition for last place in the division. Could easily see Buffalo and New Jersey finishing ahead of us.

Based on the skaters, I think we're bottom of the barrel. If we end up anywhere better than 7th it will have everything to do with Shesterkin being the real deal.

Reactions: Ola

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Maybe they did. At 750k, we could easily fit him under the cap by demoting Blackwell/Rooney.

But maybe Perry had other offers he preferred, including the one from Montreal

Right I mean we will never know if they offered him anything I guess. Just think he would be a great power play guy who also might be able to chew away some decent 5 on 5 minutes and add a little to the depth.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Ideally, the D pairs would look like this:

Smith-Trouba (ugh)
Lindgren-Fox
Reunanen-TDA
Hajek

Bitetto and Jack Johnson on the taxi squad​

Honestly, I’d love all of Reunanen, Hajek and Miller to come showing all they capable and let either at least take this one spot. Among the “losers” Hajek would have the shortest leash or he’d find himself outside of the organization.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
What about a Howden for Roslovic deal?

Jets are not stupid, Rangers would have to add.

replacing one center for another center, does not do much. maybe move Buchnevich for a real center or let Kravtsov or Barron take the job at center.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Honestly, I’d love all of Reunanen, Hajek and Miller to come showing all they capable and let either at least take this one spot. Among the “losers” Hajek would have the shortest leash or he’d find himself outside of the organization.
I actually think that Hajek is looking at a now or never scenario this year. The prospect depth behind him is looking pretty good and if he cannot establish himself this year, he will either need to find employment with another team or is looking at a career in European hockey.

The Rangers depth at certain positions creates a scenario where it is up or out.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Rangers should be interested in Roslovic but it probably won’t lead to anything

tough for Winnipeg though, they’re never gonna draft an American kid again lol

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Jets are not stupid, Rangers would have to add.

replacing one center for another center, does not do much. maybe move Buchnevich for a real center or let Kravtsov or Barron take the job at center.
What’s Ros due, like 1.75? I do it and add like you say, maybe Skinner gets it done or even Hajek. I like the idea that if Chytil graduates to 2C that we have someone who can graduate to 3C right behind him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad