Speculation: Roster Building Thread LIV: Free Agency Hasn't Even Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapowl

kaapo kakko.
Aug 22, 2017
Dresden
He’s talented but not at that money. I wouldn’t go any higher than what Stone received. It’s a capped league. If the cap was. 100m Kreider would be signed and we could hard after Panarin or someone like him. I rather keep building like we are. It will be so rewarding and exciting to watch these young players bond and grow together into a winner. LGR!

This is what I mean . Talented but not at this money... this is exactly what he is worth . Stone is nowhere a comparable to him especially with his contract in Vegas

dapowl

kaapo kakko.
Aug 22, 2017
Dresden
Going to presume that you have read exactly zero of the Panarin debates. NO ONE does not recognize Panarin's talents for what they are. That is one point that has not been argued by ANYONE.

Then everybody should be fine with paying him 10-12 MM because that's what the market ist for elite talent in this years cap

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Gorton can swoop in and help create cap space for Dallas. Nichuskin will be bought out. How about Hanzal? Dallas signs both Pavelski and Zuccarello.

Also, I’m semi-hoping the Isles sign both Panarin and Bob. Those deals collectively with Eberle, Ladd, Nelson, Leddy and Boychuk will bring that franchise to its knees. Even with those guys they aren’t winning.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Gorton can swoop in and help create cap space for Dallas. Nichuskin will be bought out. How about Hanzal? Dallas signs both Pavelski and Zuccarello.

Also, I’m semi-hoping the Isles sign both Panarin and Bob. Those deals collectively with Eberle, Ladd, Nelson, Leddy and Boychuk will bring that franchise to its knees. Even with those guys they aren’t winning.

Committing more than 1/4 of your cap to a goalie and a winger is not a recipe for success, at least historically.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I hope people don't look at the trade after the fact as Gorton got robbed. It was always a risk and we were close to getting both firsts. He played a decent hand but it was a bad beat. Plus, do we even know we could have gotten more for him?
Sucks if we don't land a first but with his ask, Gorton did a great job moving him for assets and getting market value.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Then everybody should be fine with paying him 10-12 MM because that's what the market ist for elite talent in this years cap
Clearly not everyone is fine with that. What does that tell you?

It also appears that the Rangers are not fine paying him $12m. What does that tell you?

As for $10m, again.....Panarin is a once in a life time opportunity. Panarin is an amazing talent. Panarin wil be a superstar well into his 30s. Panarin is going to leave millions on the table and take less.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
But not everybody wants to add a wing, at elite money, given wing depth, orginzational needs, and timing.

Well and succinctly said. Timing is an important component. Signing Panarin to a whopping contract signals to all these young kids that high expectations are demanded immediately. That may or may not be a good thing. More importantly, while we're all excited about this budding depth in the organization, nobody knows what the Rangers truly have and won't for a couple of years.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well and succinctly said. Timing is an important component. Signing Panarin to a whopping contract signals to all these young kids that high expectations are demanded immediately. That may or may not be a good thing. More importantly, while we're all excited about this budding depth in the organization, nobody knows what the Rangers truly have and won't for a couple of years.
What are you talking about? That is clearly not the case. Simply put, those that do not want Panarin either do recognize his great talent or are too ignorant to recognize how great NHL teams are built. Long live the 10 year rebuild like Buffalo or Edmonton!

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
re Panarin, it would obviously be a horrible sign if we commit any term to...oh I dont know, say Ryan Reaves at 12:18pm tomorrow.

Ultimately, I think @Kovalev27 is spot on - Bobrovsky to NYI on a massive overpayment. Do not believe he and Panarin will be a package deal. (basically fade anything Mike Commodore says).

What could Panarin be thinking right now? It can comes down to factors we may actually never know about (no, not state tax).

No insider info, my gut is we are dead even with Florida on this - each 40% chance.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
re Panarin, it would obviously be a horrible sign if we commit any term to...oh I dont know, say Ryan Reaves at 12:18pm tomorrow.

Ultimately, I think @Kovalev27 is spot on - Bobrovsky to NYI on a massive overpayment. Do not believe he and Panarin will be a package deal. (basically fade anything Mike Commodore says).

What could Panarin be thinking right now? It can comes down to factors we may actually never know about (no, not state tax).

No insider info, my gut is we are dead even with Florida on this - each 40% chance.

If Bob lands on the Island, and Bread on the Rangers, they can still hang out off the ice. They can literally live on a same block if they want to stay together.

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know about Panarin but if I was in the NHL... I wouldn't want to play for a team where half the arena is always empty or plenty of fans of the opposite team.

Hope he decides to take less money and play here. If not, continue to rebuild. Get a few picks and like many said... watch the kids grow. It's an exciting time to be a Rangers fan and I can't wait to see what Gorton has up his sleeve.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Hanzal is going to go on LTIR most likely and having extra cap space is not going to make Dallas want to give him an extra year.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Sooo it's Sunday and I feel like we still don't really know anything on breadman. Seems like most of the tweets over the past day sound like nonsense. Hopefully we'll hear something tonight. Not going to lie, after this long it starts to get annoying. Make your choice man!

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Sooo it's Sunday and I feel like we still don't really know anything on breadman. Seems like most of the tweets over the past day sound like nonsense. Hopefully we'll hear something tonight. Not going to lie, after this long it starts to get annoying. Make your choice man!

He should totally abandon all leverage and make a commitment before the official opening of free agency to placate you. Allow me to apologize on his behalf for wasting your time.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I mean technically they aren’t even supposed to be talking about money yet so expecting him to announce where he’s going is pushing it a bit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad