Speculation: Roster Building Thread LIV: Free Agency Hasn't Even Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Stars wanted to sign Zuccarello. Four years was their offer. Zuccarello has wanted five years no matter what since last winter. Zuccarello is going to hit the lottery just like the two other Newport guys did. Karlsson and Skinner.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I hope people don't look at the trade after the fact as Gorton got robbed. It was always a risk and we were close to getting both firsts. He played a decent hand but it was a bad beat. Plus, do we even know we could have gotten more for him?
He also got market value and what everything said Zuccarello would return in a trade without the conditions

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I hope people don't look at the trade after the fact as Gorton got robbed. It was always a risk and we were close to getting both firsts. He played a decent hand but it was a bad beat. Plus, do we even know we could have gotten more for him?
I'm sure he could have gotten a late first. I'd much rather a mid second and a third with a chance that either turns into a first.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

Didn't get robbed, just thought the idea of getting a first out of the trade was a pipe dream

Although it nearly happened!

Getting 2? Would Dallas really have willingly given up that second first had they made the WCF?

Just hard to believe for a 32 year old.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Most of the chatter seems like no Panarin for us.

I was pro-Panarin but I can live with it. Tank for Lafrieniere/Byfield/Lundell/whoever, the #1 center.

Then trade an asset or two for Seth Jones, the #1 D.

Rebuild over.

or Zuccarello signs with Dallas, Kreider to PHX for a 2020 unprotected 1st. Dallas and Phoenix both tank for us and turn into 2 lottery picks. After winning both the #1 and 2 picks we choose 2 of those 3 centers. No tank needed! :naughty:

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Ok what if...

JD strikes a last minute deal with Columbus for Panarin’s rights and offers him an 8th year?

I don’t see Columbus trading those rights to a team in the division. In fact, I might pay a late pick to keep Panarin out of my division.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Obviously we want Zucc to be back in Dalllas, but good for him for taking the best offer, it’s your last contract and you will be retired before 40, get the most money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad