Speculation: Roster Building Thread LIV: Free Agency Hasn't Even Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Zuccarello left money on the table to be a Ranger. He wasn’t going to do that again.

I can’t believe someone is going to give him 5 years and 6 mil per that is insane. He’s 32 years old ffs

Reactions: Ola and jas

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
you are right...and that makes it even more likely we would have ended up with robertson anyway
I don't know if we would have taken Robertson at that spot. I think we probably had Robertson ranked around 20-25 which is great value where we got him. But at 28-31, I would think that there would be someone we ranked even higher available.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm still kind of annoyed that we missed out on another 1st rounder by 1 goal.
yep agreed but who's to say we wouldn't have picked Robertson at 28ish...that's my consolation/rationalization regarding how far fetched its looking with Zucc resigning in Dallas.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Just don't think they're willing to lose the first rounder.

Not 'pretending"

well, I guess they were.. if my theory is correct.

just never saw us getting a first from the moment the deal happened.
Yeah, I remember the reactions to the trade at the time. Dallas was going to miss the playoffs, and also their second rounder was going to be at the back of the round. Two worthless picks.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
he is 32 years old, and wants 5 years at 5+ mill

to give him that contract, and lose a first round pick.. i just don't see how you'd even consider it

hard to believe they did, hard to believe they wanted to at the time of the trade

if only we got some luck in game 7. oh well, we got it at the lottery.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
it's really my own beliefs i guess

it just makes no sense to sign zuccarello and lose a first when you can sign someone else and not.

no more conditions like this. annoyed by them.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
it's really my own beliefs i guess

it just makes no sense to sign zuccarello and lose a first when you can sign someone else and not.

no more conditions like this. annoyed by them.

Especially when you can sign Pavelski who is better than Zuccarello

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I don't know if we would have taken Robertson at that spot. I think we probably had Robertson ranked around 20-25 which is great value where we got him. But at 28-31, I would think that there would be someone we ranked even higher available.

its possible but if we had him ranked 20-25 than odds of someone ranked in our top 20 being there are 28-31 isn't very high

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I just don't want conditions that the other team has complete control over

Zuccarello was maybe their best player in the playoffs and led them to within one game of the West finals and they still didn't sign him.

I'd rather just ask for another pick.

The condition on getting to the WCF was fine. Resigning him? Wasn't happening.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Hes entertaining for the sole reason that he intentionally throws out BS along with actual moves.

I can't see the Isles committing 22 mill to them with Barzal due for a pretty massive raise next year.
Still can't get over the idea of Bobrovsky getting 10 million. I'm preparing for it, but I'll still faint if I see it.

Reactions: Leetch3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad