Speculation: Roster Building Thread LI: Something happen, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I feel like the league was so dumb to delay the salary cap limit for this year and now teams are reluctant to do anything.

I think the hold up is more teams waiting to see who is on the board when they pick...is the salary cap really holding things up? they are talking 81.5 vs 82.1...if you are worry about $600k in space, you probably should reassess your plans regardless. its not like we are waiting to find out if the cap is 81.5 or 95

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Dude has hated Fast since the day he was born.

Trading Fast would help somewhat though. He has some value as a healthier man's Callahan and takes some cap off the top. Quinn had a hard time using him if I remember correctly.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Fast is quietly like 30 years old. We better not pay him a cent after this contract expires. He should be a goner. Has completely fallen apart physically.

he's 27 but I don't see us resigning him. he'll make too much $$ on his next contract for his role

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
he's 27 but I don't see us resigning him. he'll make too much $$ on his next contract for his role
You beat my ninja edit. nice one lol

His first few seasons he seemed to have some more second line potential but injuries seemed to stall the progress and he's stayed pretty....vanilla

*ducks*

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Not sure why fans are so desperate to get rid of Kreider. I understand if he is asking for a lot. But unless we are getting back a huge return I would hold onto him. I think he wants to be here

Reactions: RGY

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Trading Fast would help somewhat though. He has some value as a healthier man's Callahan and takes some cap off the top. Quinn had a hard time using him if I remember correctly.

I actually am on board for trading Fast. I'm not sure how much value he has, but I think we should move him either now, or at the deadline. I am not interested in paying him.

That being said, ever since day 1, Kovalev has despised him.

Reactions: Tob

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't think Fast will command a lot of money but it'll just depend on the Rangers budget most likely

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
Since we undervalued Pionk and (seemingly) Vesey, but overvalue Shattenkirk, I'm guessing Fast falls in the undervalued area and we'll get more than we think.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
If we can get assets for basically anyone 27 or over, I'm on board for trading them at this point.

We can easily re-sign someone to replace what Fast brings (when he's even healthy) and probably at a lower cost.

Our lineup is already pretty full and we need to move on from some guys. Fast is the kinda guy I'm happy to move on from. Especially if we end up keeping 2 of Buch, Names, Vesey or Kreider.

Reactions: romba

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I can't see why we can't keep Fast as a viable bottom-6 option. Energy plug guy on the right wing, always balling.

It shall come down to the cap-hit, yes. You expect him to command like 4 million?

1. Always misses time
2. Regressed significantly last year
3. Style of play likely means he'll decline earlier than most
4. Probably going to get a raise on his next contract

Reactions: romba

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
1. Always misses time

He's making 1.85 mil. Give him 2.5 mil per for 2 or 3 years.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
1. Always misses time

Eh, Fast has seemed to be unlucky with his injuries more than anything. He's not overly physical and he's not exactly a shot blocking machine, I think he's just had some bad luck. He's a good bottom 6/fourth line forward who got a stat bump a few times by being played up in the top six when he probably shouldn't have. He's got some skills, just not consistent enough for top six.

For the right number he's a good player to keep, but not overpay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad