Speculation: Roster Building Thread LI: Something happen, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Well I would be shocked if he goes into the new season without either being traded or a contract extension, just based off what's been said.

History is painting a different story. Nash, Hayes, Zucc all traded at the deadline on the year their contracts expired. I could see the same for Kreider. Guess we will know tonight?

Reactions: Off Sides

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
History is painting a different story. Nash, Hayes, Zucc all traded at the deadline on the year their contracts expired. I could see the same for Kreider. Guess we will know tonight?

Except Gorton is on record saying he doesn't want to leave it for the deadline.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I don't know, that may be the case but based off of what has been said in here it sounds like theres a decent chance he goes today.

Saying that he talked to the agent but has nothing to report basically backs up what Brooks said the other day. If there were any progress being made I'm sure he would have mentioned it.

I think if he had a deal in place it would have leaked. I mean...Friedman was lurking over the guys shoulder before like a Parrot. He's like the official NHL gossip queen.

Reactions: egelband

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Why would it be okay to leave Vesey, Name, Fast as possible deadline sales, yet not also Kreider?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I feel like it's the TDL and there needs to be that one deal that sets things off.
I feel like Gorton wants it done before the season because if the Rangers happen to surprise and are in the Playoff Race, he would have to make the tough decision at the TDL to sell Kreider or keep him as their own rental.

I know for many fans here it seems like such an easy decision but it absolutely wouldnt be. Not in NY with all the excitement around the team right now.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Pretty heartbreaking. I wanted to see him captain this team. But it’s business, I suppose. I think we underestimate his impact on the team.
Let's not put the cart before the horse. I handicap that it's 50/50 on Kreider.

I do think that there will be two forwards moved out of Vesey, Kreider, Buch and Names. However, I do not think that both Kreider and Buch will be leaving. One of them and one from the list of the rest.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I feel like the league was so dumb to delay the salary cap limit for this year and now teams are reluctant to do anything.
The league is waiting on the Nhlpa to confirm it they will or will not use the escalator clause so they can release the final cap number.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Let's not put the cart before the horse. I handicap that it's 50/50 on Kreider.

I do think that there will be two forwards moved out of Vesey, Kreider, Buch and Names. However, I do not think that both Kreider and Buch will be leaving. One of them and one from the list of the rest.

Regardless, Kreider should not be the captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad