Speculation: Roster Building Thread LI: Something happen, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Could be one simple thing delaying any trade announcements. Maybe to add a little something to the draft (let's face it, usually pretty underwhelming after the top ten..) they've asked for trades to be announced during the draft to keep/increase viewership.. Total speculation of course, but it would keep you wiggling in your seat...Good marketing strategy anyway :popcorn:

Reactions: egelband

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Why would it be okay to leave Vesey, Name, Fast as possible deadline sales, yet not also Kreider?

All of those players are younger, less valuable and cheaper to re-sign than Kreider. We can re-sign a Vesey, Names or Fast for 2 or 3 years. Kreider will be able to demand a longer, more expensive contract.

Also, Kreider is one of our best players. If we wait until the deadline to trade any of the others, it isn't going to have the same impact on the team as trading Kreider.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I feel like the league was so dumb to delay the salary cap limit for this year and now teams are reluctant to do anything.

It's not the league, it's the NHLPA. They have to determine how much of the escalator they want.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Now we just need to stop being "linked" to these guys, and maybe start seeing some confirmed stickies.

That's the part that's a pain.

We can be correct on the players, and the deals, and still not see a damn thing. Because it's not our decision to make.
Plus bettman might have a gag order to wait till the draft.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
All of those players are younger, less valuable and cheaper to re-sign than Kreider. We can re-sign a Vesey, Names or Fast for 2 or 3 years. Kreider will be able to demand a longer, more expensive contract.

Also, Kreider is one of our best players. If we wait until the deadline to trade any of the others, it isn't going to have the same impact on the team as trading Kreider.

I'm not sure I understand the negative implications to them selling off vets at the deadline. Seems like whoever was being bumped up to play in that spot would actually kind of be excited, as would who ever gets called-up should they need a call-up to back fill

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Let's not put the cart before the horse. I handicap that it's 50/50 on Kreider.

I do think that there will be two forwards moved out of Vesey, Kreider, Buch and Names. However, I do not think that both Kreider and Buch will be leaving. One of them and one from the list of the rest.

Frankly, no problem ditching all but CK. The Names contract is atrocious; Jimmy is a dime a dozen; 89 rarely impresses.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Fast is quietly like 30 years old. We better not pay him a cent after this contract expires. He should be a goner. Has completely fallen apart physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad