Speculation: Roster Building Thread LI: Something happen, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hmm. Maybe the article I was reading had it wrong.

Either way, why the hell would a team be interested in doing that?

This is probably what you are thinking of. The 1st window is closed, but another window opens on July 5th.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
upload_2019-6-20_19-10-54.jpeg

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Please continue discussion.

Tony DeAngelo for Gostisbehere, straight up. Would you do it? Do you think it's fair value?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Please continue discussion.

Tony DeAngelo for Gostisbehere, straight up. Would you do it? Do you think it's fair value?

Bad idea in the last thread. Bad idea in this one too. We don't need Ghost and if we are trading any RHD, it's Shattenkirk.

Reactions: pld459666

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

This is probably what you are thinking of. The 1st window is closed, but another window opens on July 5th.

Yeah, that must have been it. The second deadline is for players who haven’t accepted their QO I believe.

@Off Sides you’re talking about a team acquiring a player and immediately creating a contentious situation around that player. No one would choose to do that.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Bad idea in the last thread. Bad idea in this one too. We don't need Ghost and if we are trading any RHD, it's Shattenkirk.
Four offensive defensemen on the same side seems a bit much. In a perfect world, I trade Shatty too. But he has limited no trade and he makes a boatload. You may not find a taker.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Yeah, that must have been it. The second deadline is for players who haven’t accepted their QO I believe.

@Off Sides you’re talking about a team acquiring a player and immediately creating a contentious situation around that player. No one would choose to do that.

How would they know what they were creating if they were not allowed to talk to him/ about him with his agent?

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Also what does that say about Trouba if he was going to pull a tude just because he had to spend one more year somewhere he ideally did not want to be?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Four offensive defensemen on the same side seems a bit much. In a perfect world, I trade Shatty too. But he has limited no trade and he makes a boatload. You may not find a taker.

That's why we traded for Trouba and sent Pionk the other way. Trouba is more than just an offensive dman. He can actually match up against the other teams' best players.

Trading ADA for Ghost doesn't fix anything. If you trade Shatty too, then who plays on the right side? Trouba, Fox and Smith?

The defense is as good as it's going to get for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad