Speculation: Roster Building Thread IX (2021 Offseason Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Can't wait til Eichel goes to Anaheim for the 3OA and some B prospects. Gonna be some knuckleheads keeping their mouths shut for a while in the trade rumor threads.

Reactions: pld459666

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Top Shelfs Hockey's latest rumor/speculation regarding what the Rangers may have settled on sending Buffalo for Capt Jack. Here goes.
Buch
Chytil or Georgey
Jones
Robertsson
#1 2021

B**ch away! And swell your chest at the guy at TSH, not me lol.

I don't want Eichel at all, but I think that's a fair cost only if he's healthy...which he isn't.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Now Buch, Georgiev, Jones, Robertson 1st is a lot, but it’s not THAT bad

It's not far off what I would predict, but the idea that Chytil and Georgiev are of equal value is incorrect. One's clearly preferable to the other.

Mobing both Jones and Robertson puts a lot of pressure on K'Andre, but management seems to think he has the stones for it. Then all of a sudden Tarmo is a significant prospect again.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
IF Buchnevich would sign in Buffalo, he could actually be a big piece, They have the cap, they can draft Eklund 1st overall (rumored now) maybe they keep Reinhart etc

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Top Shelfs Hockey's latest rumor/speculation regarding what the Rangers may have settled on sending Buffalo for Capt Jack. Here goes.
Buch
Chytil or Georgey
Jones
Robertsson
#1 2021

B**ch away! And swell your chest at the guy at TSH, not me lol.

I don't want Eichel but if this is the return, I'd be okay with it. I'd give them Chytil+Georgiev and keep Jones.

Reactions: egelband

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lots of pressure on Buffalo not to screw up the Eichel trade like they did with O'Reilly.
Buffalo is losing the trade no matter what because they are trading away a Top 10 player in the league for pieces/picks/players that likely won't reach the same level any time within Eichel's career.

They cannot 'win' an Eichel trade no matter what. The sheer fact that they will likely trade him means that they screwed up.

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Where did you get these numbers?
5A7DBFD0-5466-42F4-B91A-8E3B8736353C.jpeg

I set the TOI lower limit to 500 minutes.

Even strength P/60. Chytil is a monster waiting to be unleashed.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
The third overall is better than anything I would give for Eichel. No idea why Anaheim would be in for him at all. Guess the smaller/nontraditional markets have to worry about selling tickets more than teams like the Rangers.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Buffalo is losing the trade no matter what because they are trading away a Top 10 player in the league for pieces/picks/players that likely won't reach the same level any time within Eichel's career.

They cannot 'win' an Eichel trade no matter what. The sheer fact that they will likely trade him means that they screwed up.

Top-10 player in the league is a bit much but yeah, he will be the best player in the trade, and probably remains to best player in the trade for another decade.

Reactions: Irishguy42

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Buffalo is going to lose the Eichel trade (if healthy) no matter what they get in return. They at this point are just trying not to lose it by a landslide.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Just recall how good Chytil looked before he got injured last year, and then realize that he looked almost as good post injury but played absurdly low minutes as Quinn rose the vets in an attempt to make the POs.

The kid line looked relentless and very good at times as well.

Reactions: CLW

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
I feel the floodgates are going to open pretty soon.

I just feel it...
I just saw an article pop up that quotes Jack saying "It would be cool to play for the Bruins someday" .

Lol. This whole thing just cracks me up at this point.

Found the article. NBC Sports Boston.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Chytil would eat at 2C if you gave him Strome’s minutes

It’s why Strome is redundant on this team. Can’t play a lick of defense and you have a player in Chytil who can probably put up similar numbers for half the price

Reactions: Filip Chytil

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
IF they go with Zibanejad and Chytil as the top 2 centers for offensively gifted lines they NEED to have safety nets at 3 and 4C with defensively responsible players and also ones who can win face offs

So who would you look at for 3/4C for those roles?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Can't wait til Eichel goes to Anaheim for the 3OA and some B prospects. Gonna be some knuckleheads keeping their mouths shut for a while in the trade rumor threads.

Oh it’s gonna be fun. That and when Tank is traded. Someone better do a welfare check on that Colt guy once Tank is gone considering what he wants for him lol. Won’t come close

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I just saw an article pop up that quotes Jack saying "It would be cool to play for the Bruins someday" .

Lol. This whole thing just cracks me up at this point.

Found the article. NBC Sports Boston.

Yeah, watch the Rangers sell the farm for Eichel only for him to pine for Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad