Speculation: Roster Building Thread III (2019/2020) - Tick Tock

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Fox playing for his favorite team growing up can't be any worse than Shattenkirk playing for his favorite team growing up.

The Rangers got old Shattenkirk. If the Rangers get young Shattenkirk in Fox for the next 6-7 years, Fox should be a good player for the Rangers. Shattenkirk played ten games in the AHL in his first pro season. It's a big jump from college hockey to the NHL. McDonagh played 38 games in the AHL. Werenski played 24 AHL games. 17 of the 24 games were playoff games.

His father Bruce knows it's a process.

“The problem is, in this situation for me, you lose the fandom. You know what I’m saying? It’s not the same with him there,” Bruce said. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan, but I’m a father of a kid on the team. It’s different.

“I hope he makes it. I hope he does well. Will it be cool to see? Of course it’s going to be awesome if he does make it. But there are going to be trials and tribulations along the way.”

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The calendar is moving fast.

Labor Day is two weeks from tomorrow. Traverse City begins later that week usually on that Friday. Training camp begins on September 12. Three weeks from this Thursday is the start of camp.

I love reading DeAngelo and Lemieux should holdout until they get more than one year and less than $1M.

Holding out will only hurt them. The Rangers will somehow manage to survive and move on without them. They really need to sign the one year contract. Get into camp. Have a good camp. Have a good season. File for salary arbitration next July.

Last season was DeAngelo's and Lemieux's first full season in the NHL. Both of them are really good players at the early stages of their careers. Both of then need to be playing. The money will come for both of them when the timing is right.

Nearly 1/2 of the Rangers roster could be made of young players with one full year of NHL experience or less. It will be a young team. There are so many young players on the roster.

Andersson
Chytil
Howden
Kakko
Kravtsov
Lemieux
DeAngelo
Fox
Hajek
Georgiev

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I agree but I’d also rate Winnipeg as the team most likely to have a GM change this year.
The coach should go first, in my opinion. That team is pretty deep but somehow it never clicks. But maybe I'm just missing something.

Reactions: leetch99

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
The coach should go first, in my opinion. That team is pretty deep but somehow it never clicks. But maybe I'm just missing something.

If they wind up forced to trade Laine that's going to be a Seguin-level lopsided moronic trade that will bite them later, that's for sure. If that happens the GM has got to go.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If Strome is centering Kreider and Buchnevich or Kravtsov all season, I think both of his totals in goals and assists will increase.

I am assuming Panarin-Mika-Kakko is 1st line

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Smug tone of that tweet is bothering. We understand the business aspect and in contract negotiations Laine does needs to protect his interests but stating publicly that he’ll fine missing the training camp and potentially more, and not being with the team... Bad optics that will not help make Jets FO negotiate in good faith or ease on a hard stand.

I have ZERO issues with him saying what he said nor in the manner in which he said it.

I highly doubt the FO of any NHL team is that thin skinned where it would affect anything they think or do in terms of negotiations.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We already know Mika can be a 70+ point producer with Kreider on his left and say Buch on his right. Odds are he'd do the same subbing Kravtsov for Buch.

I'd have Panarin on another line with Kakko and maybe Chytil. Panarin can score but he's also a set up guy. Kakko should get better faster playing with him and I'd hope to see Chytil take a real step forward then too.

On power plays you can move the pieces around.

Reactions: charliemurphy

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
The calendar is moving fast.

Labor Day is two weeks from tomorrow. Traverse City begins later that week usually on that Friday. Training camp begins on September 12. Three weeks from this Thursday is the start of camp.

I love reading DeAngelo and Lemieux should holdout until they get more than one year and less than $1M.

Holding out will only hurt them. The Rangers will somehow manage to survive and move on without them. They really need to sign the one year contract. Get into camp. Have a good camp. Have a good season. File for salary arbitration next July.

Last season was DeAngelo's and Lemieux's first full season in the NHL. Both of them are really good players at the early stages of their careers. Both of then need to be playing. The money will come for both of them when the timing is right.

Nearly 1/2 of the Rangers roster could be made of young players with one full year of NHL experience or less. It will be a young team. There are so many young players on the roster.

Andersson
Chytil
Howden
Kakko
Kravtsov
Lemieux
DeAngelo
Fox
Hajek
Georgiev
Those guys will eventually sign. They have no real options.

I think the bigger issue may be do the Rangers want Kreider on the team at the start of the season. Does he get a contract extension? Would he be would be moved during the year? Either way it’s not optimum for a team leader.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We already know Mika can be a 70+ point producer with Kreider on his left and say Buch on his right. Odds are he'd do the same subbing Kravtsov for Buch.

I'd have Panarin on another line with Kakko and maybe Chytil. Panarin can score but he's also a set up guy. Kakko should get better faster playing with him and I'd hope to see Chytil take a real step forward then too.

On power plays you can move the pieces around.

I’m not sure Kravtsov will be at Buch’s level immediately or even by the end of the season. Your lineup suggests that both K & K are among top-6 but I think at least one (maybe taking turns) will be protected facing lesser opposition on a third line.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
If Strome is centering Kreider and Buchnevich or Kravtsov all season, I think both of his totals in goals and assists will increase.

I know it’s safe to assume that line but is anyone else curious to see Panarin and Zib not married to each other from here on out? Using Chytil (for the sake of argument) as 2C going with lines...
Kreider-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov
That is until Kreider is dealt and Buchnevich slides in, lol. Just spitballing.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Either kravstov will be on the third or the 2nd and vice versa for kakko. Remember, quinn loves to make his players earn their spot. The good thing about rebuilding is you have time to figure out whats what. With the addituon of panarin and trouba as a cushion, we can ease these guys in. I personally think kakko will take the 2nd spot and kravstov will take his spot on the 2nd if kakko moves up the line. Ive always liked buch but hes not on the same talent level as either of those two. This season is our first where we are now done with acquiring assets (unless kreider trade or names or strome) and trying to find what gels with our team. The year after, i believe smith will be moved bc he has only one year left and then we will try to contend next season. This season is essentially a hunger games for who will win what spot and then who will gel with whom.

Reactions: kovazub94

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I know it’s safe to assume that line but is anyone else curious to see Panarin and Zib not married to each other from here on out? Using Chytil (for the sake of argument) as 2C going with lines...
Kreider-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov

Not opposed to it, but hes still going to be a young player. That's a heavy load to carry

Reactions: mrhockey193195

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Kreider-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov
Not a bad plan. In this case, I would switch Krav & Buch. In general, I'd like to see Chytil play with non-rookies to help him out as much as possible. Assuming we're splitting up Zib and Panarin, I might start with this:

Kreider-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Lemieux-Chytil-Buchnevich
Anderson-Howden-Fast

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn

I think the bigger issue may be do the Rangers want Kreider on the team at the start of the season. Does he get a contract extension? Would he be would be moved during the year? Either way it’s not optimum for a team leader.
Might not be the best situation but Kreider stays till the deadline. Nhl dropped the ball and gms unwilling to pay a proper price.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

Kakko is not getting first line minutes right away. He's going to be a middle six winger with PP time until he learns the league and DQ trust him defensively.

That will take at least until 25-30 games in if not more.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

Kreider has deadline deal written all over him. Not high value now. Teams like the Avs can really use him to put them over the top.

Kreider is an interesting case because the last time had this much talent on a team was probably 2014-15 and he's a much better player now. If his production looks to be increasing, there's a chance he stays. If his production is around the usual mark, he'll be traded.

Reactions: egelband

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Not fast enough.

Here's my old man advice to anyone and everyone on this board (I'm actually in my late 30s but compared to some of you it's ancient): Don't rush time. Ever. It's true this is the "garbage time" point of the summer and nothing is really happening whether hockey, tv shows, even career (vacation carousel time), but you will never get those days back.

Cherish the people you have in your life because that "roster" will never be the same. I lost my grandmother beginning of 2017. My college roommate very unexpectedly passed away this past spring. I've had friends unexpectedly pass not because of partying or excess, but disease.

We all have things to look forward to. I consider myself in an "in between" stage of my life now because there's nothing going on for me longterm where I am, but I'm not going to rush the process.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Not a bad plan. In this case, I would switch Krav & Buch. In general, I'd like to see Chytil play with non-rookies to help him out as much as possible. Assuming we're splitting up Zib and Panarin, I might start with this:

Kreider-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Lemieux-Chytil-Buchnevich
Anderson-Howden-Fast

Yeah, I was more or less thinking about combinations when splitting up Panarin and Zib for more balance I guess. Lots of combinations especially if certain players that can play multiple positions step it up. I honestly have no idea what to make of Strome... place holder for 2C or is he on the 4th line? And where is Namestnikov playing, lol? I think he and along with Kreider are gone by the deadline... I think there will be teams bidding for Kreider, Namestnikov not so much but again if Quinn puts the right players together then perhaps they pump up their value even more. We'll see what happens.

Reactions: mrhockey193195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad