Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
200w.webp

Reactions: Riche16

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
@MrPodz

Re: Brassard... when your career doesn't really hit its stride until you're 25 or 26, the window of a player's prime can seem incredibly short. He's taken the standard 30-year-old deterioration... but that meant he only really got 5 years of being a really good player.

And fortunately, the Rangers got him during his prime and sold high, as opposed to buying at 30 via UFA.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Thats very true, I personally am excited for this training camp and seeing all our youth hopefuls try and make the team. I hope kakko stands out but i have a feeling kravstov will not only wow but decimate. Watching his highlights( I know its the not the whole thing but its hard to get russian hockey here) he's ultra skilled. I have a feeling as well that he might be like chytil, shows potential and talent but not consistently enough because of the rigor of the nhl.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Wait so were not getting a 3rd jersey? I saw someone post in the last thread about it? But ive never heard of that source.

Anyone else hear/read anything?

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Ugh, Laine is slowly getting on my nerves, even if it doesn't consider the Rangers one bit. :laugh:

*I myself am a hardcore gamer, but in all honesty dudes: how can someone concentrate on sniping in the NHL, when they get home and fry their brains on any ego-shooter? There is only that much you can hardcore concentrate on in a day. His numbers took a big dip last year and he better show some more heart this year.
(Just image Laine being the first hockey player leaving the NHL for e-sports and actually probably winning titles there lol)

Reactions: egelband

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah, Icethetics is pretty good for jersey stuff.

Unfortunate if we do end up not adding an alternate, but it's whatever.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Yeah, Icethetics is pretty good for jersey stuff.

Unfortunate if we do end up not adding an alternate, but it's whatever.

Would love to see a return of the Liberty jersey but it's fine. Honestly the right time for a new third jersey is when the core is little more experienced and they can promote the heck out of it and link it to this era.

I'd like to see them try a different design. Maybe the Rangers shield as the logo but much more refined and with a darker shade of the blue and the sleeves not looking like the original Star Trek unis. The 70s shield was a cool idea and funny to bring back but it was so whacky and busy.

The Heritage jerseys combined the elements of several jerseys like the color of the liberties with the late 70s-late 80s New York lettering, so why not go back and combine elements of another prior jersey?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Am I the only one on this board who scratches his head at the Strome buyout talk from a few weeks ago? I thought he did a very good job and he would have hit 20G and 40+ points. if he started the season with the Rangers.

You have to remember, the first PP unit is most likely going to be Ziba/Panarin/Kreider as the goalie screener/Trouba as the RH point man/Buch as the LH point man. This would make unit two some combo of Kakko/Kravstov/TDA/Chytil/Fox and occasionally Howden and Namestnikov. SOMEBODY needs to play center on that super young 2nd unit. Enter Ryan Strome.

Reactions: Gordon Bombay

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Am I the only one on this board who scratches his head at the Strome buyout talk from a few weeks ago? I thought he did a very good job and he would have hit 20G and 40+ points. if he started the season with the Rangers.

You have to remember, the first PP unit is most likely going to be Ziba/Panarin/Kreider as the goalie screener/Trouba as the RH point man/Buch as the LH point man. This would make unit two some combo of Kakko/Kravstov/TDA/Chytil/Fox and occasionally Howden and Namestnikov. SOMEBODY needs to play center on that super young 2nd unit. Enter Ryan Strome.

The buyout talk surrounding Strome was simply based on money. He didn't turn 26 until July 11th, which means his buyout would be as a 25 yo and only 1/3rd instead of 2/3rds. The caps hits were minimal.

Once July 1st hit though, that ship sailed, since he doesn't make enough to qualify for a buyout within the 2nd window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille