Speculation: Roster Building Thread III (2019/2020) - Tick Tock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Him being ineligible for waivers makes him even more of a pain in the ass to deal with for this season. I think we'd be the perfect environment to help turn him get his career back on track, but I also don't see where he's fitting on the team long-term.

Yeah, if we traded for him, the first thing we should do is send him to the SM Liiga and have him play a year or two there. He could just as well have been hurt the last 3 years, he haven't been developed at all and must get to play in a bigger role with a lot of puck on his stick.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Don’t worry. Many people will join in on whining about Bread. The rest of them will keep making excuses for him until the end just like what happened with Shattenkirk.

The contract is insane.
Oh my God, give it a rest already. Youve painted him out to be a failure and he hasnt even played one game yet let alone a year, or two, or three, or whatever into his contract.

Its so sad that some here would rather see someone fail just to be able to say they were right. So sad and pathetic.

And the best is those same people have nothing to lose if theyre wrong. They just take the easy way out and say oh well i was wrong, no big deal, i’ll eat crow on that. And thats it. Its the end of the discussion for them. Yet they spent weeks and months even with several posts shoving their very strong opinion down others throats as if it is fact. Sad.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Oh my God, give it a rest already. Youve painted him out to be a failure and he hasnt even played one game yet let alone a year, or two, or three, or whatever into his contract.

Its so sad that some here would rather see someone fail just to be able to say they were right. So sad and pathetic.

And the best is those same people have nothing to lose if theyre wrong. They just take the easy way out and say oh well i was wrong, no big deal, i’ll eat crow on that. And thats it. Its the end of the discussion for them. Yet they spent weeks and months even with several posts shoving their very strong opinion down others throats as if it is fact. Sad.
Welcome to the age of Twitter :shakehead

Reactions: RGY

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I think Hughes and Kakko would slot in behind Lafreniere but ahead of everyone else

LaFreniere sounds amazing. A Kreider trade or another year missing the playoffs, you never know if the Rangers can hit the lottery again. Thankfully, the Rangers May have hit one lottery and quite a loaded system.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Based on the trajectory of most comparable players over their careers after signing a contract like Panarin’s, I would venture it is less than likely he will still be performing at an elite level when we’re in our window to compete for a Cup. Given that, it is legitimate to question whether signing him is worth all the cap troubles we’ve had this offseason, and may continue to face this season, TDL, coming draft weekend, and perhaps seasons to come with the expiry of our ELCs. I don’t think anyone wants Panarin to fail. We all certainly hope he will earn that contract. Anything suggested to the contrary is just demagoguery at a pretty base level.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Based on the trajectory of most comparable players over their careers after signing a contract like Panarin’s, I would venture it is less than likely he will still be performing at an elite level when we’re in our window to compete for a Cup. Given that, it is legitimate to question whether signing him is worth all the cap troubles we’ve had this offseason, and may continue to face this season, TDL, coming draft weekend, and perhaps seasons to come with the expiry of our ELCs. I don’t think anyone wants Panarin to fail. We all certainly hope he will earn that contract. Anything suggested to the contrary is just demagoguery at a pretty base level.
Wait, did I say it shouldn’t be questioned? Or that the signing does not come with some concerns or doubt? No I did not. I myself wonder if he will be able to defy the odds and be just as productive in the latter years of the contract. But we did sign him. He is here. I don’t see the point in the continuation of what is seemingly never ending grandstanding. We get it you dont like the signing. Let’s stop bitching about it. At least until after the season has started and he has proven to be a disappointment. Let him go out and play. Lets see how the team does with him. Lets see how the kids develop around him.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Wait, did I say it shouldn’t be questioned? Or that the signing does not come with some concerns or doubt? No I did not. I myself wonder if he will be able to defy the odds and be just as productive in the latter years of the contract. But we did sign him. He is here. I don’t see the point in the continuation of what is seemingly never ending grandstanding. We get it you dont like the signing. Let’s stop *****ing about it. At least until after the season has started and he has proven to be a disappointment. Let him go out and play. Lets see how the team does with him. Lets see how the kids develop around him.
I haven't posted anything about Panarin in weeks, and I didn't reply to your post. But do you think one person (yourself) expressing an opinion is ok, but another is "shitting" and grandstanding? Opinions are opinions. No one's is any less belonging on here, they're all pretty bad other than mine.

Reactions: BlessThisMess513

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I haven't posted anything about Panarin in weeks, and I didn't reply to your post. But do you think one person (yourself) expressing an opinion is ok, but another is "****ting" and grandstanding? Opinions are opinions. No one's is any less belonging on here, they're all pretty bad other than mine.
You didnt have to quote my post. You are clearly defending RB’s position which I was refuting.

Where do I say he shouldn’t have an opinion? What post? I am acknowledging his opinion. It is the same sentiment he has force fed us for the last several months. This isn’t some new thought. When it is repeated over and over again it is no longer just an opinion, it is indeed bitching.

But thanks.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
You didnt have to quote my post. You are clearly defending RB’s position which I was refuting.

Where do I say he shouldn’t have an opinion? What post? I am acknowledging his opinion. It is the same sentiment he has force fed us for the last several months. This isn’t some new thought. When it is repeated over and over again it is no longer just an opinion, it is indeed *****ing.

But thanks.
Again- one person posting is "force feeding", but you also posting the same thing over and over in response is somehow different and ok. You have a double standard. This is a public forum hosted in (but not exclusive to) a free country. Everyone's opinion is equally welcome, and everyone's opinion (other than mine) is equally wrong.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Traverse roster:

It will be good to see Henriksson there in the forward corps, though I'd expect Newell to center the top line due to age and experience.

Bit of a log jam at defense. Skinner or Gross may have to sit some.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Verdict will be out for a while on Panarin... like 4-5 years unless he's a disaster right our of the gate (plz no)

I think worst case scenario (Besides injury) is the typical post UFA production drop, IE Panarin produces more at a 70 point rate than an 90

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I think worst case scenario (Besides injury) is the typical post UFA production drop, IE Panarin produces more at a 70 point rate than an 90
Verdict will be out for a while on Panarin... like 4-5 years unless he's a disaster right out of the gate (plz no)
I don't pretend to know if or when Panarin's production drop-off will commence. We will be without options if and once it does, and if it is sooner rather than later then the signing will undoubtedly have been a mistake.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Again- one person posting is "force feeding", but you also posting the same thing over and over in response is somehow different and ok. You have a double standard. This is a public forum hosted in (but not exclusive to) a free country. Everyone's opinion is equally welcome, and everyone's opinion (other than mine) is equally wrong.
Youre just as bad as he is so this is no surprise.

No double standard here. Never said my opinions are always right nor do I care to be right. You can go ask Beserk who was very ready to eat crow and apologize when the Panarin signing broke. Go ask how that situation went down. I can tell you it certainly wasnt me burying him for all the lovely posts he sent my way leading up to it about Panarin was absolutely not coming to the Rangers.

I am well aware this is a public forum. Thanks for trying to remind me although ive been a member for 14 years now. And it is because it is a public forum that some “opinions” will be met with disdain, even more so when they are repeated over and over and over and over and over again.

K bye.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn

No double standard here. Never said my opinions are always right nor do I care to be right. You can go ask Beserk who was very ready to eat crow and apologize when the Panarin signing broke. Go ask how that situation went down. I can tell you it certainly wasnt me burying him for all the lovely posts he sent my way leading up to it about Panarin was absolutely not coming to the Rangers.

I am well aware this is a public forum. Thanks for trying to remind me although ive been a member for 14 years now. And it is because it is a public forum that some “opinions” will be met with disdain, even more so when they are repeated over and over and over and over and over again.

K bye.
The difference is that one poster is critiquing the team and the players. That's the intent of this thread. You're mostly critiquing other posters. That is not the intent of this thread, and I believe its in violation of the thread rules. If you've been here 14 years, you shouldn't have to be reminded that were here to talk about the team and not flame each other. Theres a difference between saying "I disagree" or simply ignoring, and with saying "stop posting your shitty opinion".

Reactions: BlessThisMess513

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The difference is that one poster is critiquing the team and the players. That's the intent of this thread. You're mostly critiquing other posters. That is not the intent of this thread, and I believe its in violation of the thread rules. If you've been here 14 years, you shouldn't have to be reminded that were here to talk about the team and not flame each other.
Wait am I to understand we should not evaluate each other’s opinions? Isn’t that what is part of the discussion? Man must have missed something there. We should all just make singular posts having a discussion with ourselves. If you venture past that into discussing someones opinion it is a “violation”.

This is fantastic. Now were going as far to bring up rules violations. Like kids tattling to parents.

We all know you are perfect and have never ever deviated from the line...

Childish.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Wait am I to understand we should not evaluate each other’s opinions? Isn’t that what is part of the discussion? Man must have missed something there. We should all just make singular posts having a discussion with ourselves. If you venture past that into discussing someones opinion it is a “violation”.

This is fantastic. Now were going as far to bring up rules violations. Like kids tattling to parents.

We all know you are perfect and have never ever deviated from the line...

Childish.
You can evaluate the opinion without evaluating the poster. This isn't rocket science.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona

K bye.

There’s quite a bit of irony here.

Lone Ranger

Jan 31, 2009
New York

Who are you using as comparable players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad