Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXVII: Another Thread Bites The Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Ironic that every year we hear we need a top 10 draft pick and cap room. This summer we have both of them and our team could actually decline.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
No Shatty
Duchene going to Columbus or Pittsburgh
NJ and Phi are young

and here we are ...

b7e.jpg

Lmao. I bet Duchene stays in Colorado, Jersey does something stupid like trade Hall for Demers (wasn't something like this offered let year by NJ?) And we get Shatty.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I hope we're getting Enroth then, there's a couple other UFAs that would be fine but if not Enroth then it might be best to go trade for someone.

My ranking of the somewhat likely UFA goalies that doesn't seem to be going anywhere else:

Enroth

Johnson
Pavelec

The rest.

Edit: The wildcard here is that we look to Europe, not sure if there's any good options there, there probably is.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Y'all seriously need to settle down a bit. We're going to be fine, and yes, Gorton has a plan.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm not sure I get your point. Are you trying to win a cup or just replace Oscar Lindberg? To be candid our 4th line isn't a major concern for me. If we had guys like Crosby or McDavid up front I'd be fine playing with a 4th line of AHL tweeners.

Your question was about Lindberg?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Yeah I know he does. I'm just starting to move into the 'I really would rather have a strong rebuild' than this 'rebuild on the fly'

I just don't see us competing with Pit, CBJ, and Was.

Every summer for the past 4 or 5 years it seems like all the teams around us got better, yet every season it's always Penguins-Caps-Rangers as the 3 best teams in the Metro.

The Rangers just need to take care of their business and we will still be good.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
Yeah I know he does. I'm just starting to move into the 'I really would rather have a strong rebuild' than this 'rebuild on the fly'

I do. Pitt will be our biggest challenge.
Washington has plenty of weaknesses, CBJ is incredibly deep but nothing special.
Pitt as always is stacked up front. But losing Daley on their already weak blue line won't help their cause.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

You're looking into the words too much. He's turning the roster over with younger, faster, and more skilled players at F and D. He's just not doing it the conventional way by losing a bunch of games. Think of it how like the Hawks remained competitive during their first two Cup runs. They moved their guys for other guys that ended up making up their new cores as they went along. Yes they had Toews, Keith, and Kane, but just stay patient. We have good depth and will start bringing in more young talent through the draft and trades.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Yeah, i'm fine signing Pitlick but he's not a guy you trade someone to make room for, he's a guy you bring in to fight for a spot at camp.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
You're looking into the words too much. He's turning the roster over with younger, faster, and more skilled players at F and D. He's just not doing it the conventional way by losing a bunch of games. Think of it how like the Hawks remained competitive during their first two Cup runs. They moved their guys for other guys that ended up making up their new cores as they went along. Yes they had Toews, Keith, and Kane, but just stay patient. We have good depth and will start bringing in more young talent through the draft and trades.

People often speak of us getting younger but I think we are already pretty young. If we did not count Lundy I bet we could be in the top 5 youngest teams already.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Reading this thread, and the panic involved, is simultaneously hilarious and infuriating. There's a plan, guys. Just because it may not be immediately apparent doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Whether Gorton's plan is a good one remains to be seen (I'm optimistic), but I assure you there's a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad