Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXVII: Another Thread Bites The Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Rangers are so tight lipped.

Its no surprise not much if anything as been leaked to hint what direction theyre going in or who theyre interested in truly signing

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Huh, did you edit? I could have sworn there was a post there somewhere about us getting Lindberg back...

Either you clicked the wrong post or I woke up today conspiring to confuse you. I'm not saying which is true :laugh:

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
My current masterplan:

JTM for <Insert young 3C with upside here> + pick/prospect

or

JTM for Demers (+?)

or

1st one and then trade Holden + Graves (+) for Demers :)

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
What do You guys think of going after Draisaitl? The Oilers wont be able to let their Cs alone take up 20+ mil of their cap, meanwhile Rangers have lots of room and want to get top 6 Cs. Draisaitl is What, 21? And put up 70+ points this season. Thinking Nash and some adds for him. Probably very unrealistic but let a man dream.

This has been discussed and quickly forgotten about.

Due to the "old boy network" that's been around forever in the NHL, there is an unwritten rule that teams don't poach other teams players unless they are truly UFA.

If you do, you run the risk of unofficially being blackballed by the rest of the league. And so good luck to JG in trying to make any trades going forward if he tried to swoop in and take advantage of the Oilers cap situation and sign up Draisaitle.

Oh and just wait till any of our players became RFA's like Mika and Skjei...etc...You don't think there would be revenge on other teams minds?

Until there are different rules in place where it wouldn't be so prohibitive to go after RFA's the bottom line is teams will continue to stay their distance and respect the old boys network of doing things.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Reading this thread, and the panic involved, is simultaneously hilarious and infuriating. There's a plan, guys. Just because it may not be immediately apparent doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Whether Gorton's plan is a good one remains to be seen (I'm optimistic), but I assure you there's a plan.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
My current masterplan:

JTM for <Insert young 3C with upside here> + pick/prospect

or

JTM for Demers (+?)

or

1st one and then trade Holden + Graves (+) for Demers :)

Eh, I'd hope that if we're moving Miller we'd do much better than Demers. Plus, with Smith already signed, I'm not sure I see the need for another 2nd pair D.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Reading this thread, and the panic involved, is simultaneously hilarious and infuriating. There's a plan, guys. Just because it may not be immediately apparent doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Whether Gorton's plan is a good one remains to be seen (I'm optimistic), but I assure you there's a plan.

Exactly. He's putting his mark on the team, so let's give him the chance to see where it goes. If you look what he's targeting: size, speed, skill at forward, and speed and puck moving on the backend. It's literally what weve been clamoring for. Its not sexy names, but they're efficient. Mika was a great trade. Andersson/Chytil will impress. Pionk. Bereglazov. Just be patient and let the new wave roll in. Helps too that we have Shesty chompin at the bit in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad