Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXII: Draft Day in Chicago - My Kinda Town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers picked a direction. Jeff Gorton traded the Rangers top center for futures. The main future will not play in the NHL this season. The player may play in 2018-19 but he won't play this coming season. The Rangers are a much weaker team than they were before noon today. Trade more players between now and July 2.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Idk how anyone can sit there and say 'yeah fair deal' when it comes out that Chayka was begging for Stepan for a year. And we included Raanta. Thats pathetic.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Interesting to see so many of you against Shattenkirk, especially now that they've dumped G and have freed up a boatload of cap space.

Provided the AAV is below $6.5MM, I'm totally on board with signing him, preferably for less than full term, but I'd even do that if push came to shove.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Interesting to see so many of you against Shattenkirk, especially now that they've dumped G and have freed up a boatload of cap space.

Provided the AAV is below $6.5MM, I'm totally on board with signing him, preferably for less than full term, but I'd even do that if push came to shove.

I'd rather give DeAngelo the PP time and Shattenkirk is a liability defensively. His role is served in my mind....

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

Love his offensive game but he can't defend.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Are the Rangers winning with Shattenkirk on this team?

What's the point?

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Are the Rangers winning with Shattenkirk on this team?

What's the point?
I'm with you on the direction but are they really gonna blow it up or still try to retool and contend? If McD and Zucc are staying, Shatty would fill a huge hole at #1 RD.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
The Rangers picked a direction. Jeff Gorton traded the Rangers top center for futures. The main future will not play in the NHL this season. The player may play in 2018-19 but he won't play this coming season. The Rangers are a much weaker team than they were before noon today. Trade more players between now and July 2.

OUT
  • Oscar Lindberg
  • Derek Stepan
  • Dan Girardi
  • Anti Raanta

IN
  • 7th pick overall
  • Anthony DeAngelo
  • Alexei Bereglazov
  • Neil Pionk

We are not done yet
Lets wait & see

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I am not sure if there is much to gain in trading up from 7. I like Mittlestad a lot, Suzuki is very exciting. Pettersson is so slick and cool, could become a really special player but OTOH I think he is a little harder to read. I think Erik Brannstrom could become a super exciting player, biggest downside is that he is a LD. Tim Liljegren might become a very good RD.

Just saying, there will be a very good player available at 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad