Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXII: Draft Day in Chicago - My Kinda Town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
You can't just go full blown fire sale and trade your captain. You need some balance between building and veteran leadership. That and McDonagh is worth more than that IMO. Top 15D in the league, and now we finally can see him without an anchor tied around him.

I was being facetious, but it would be interesting to have #3, #7, and #21. I don't want McD traded.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He's only 21 ... that makes it even juicer.

factually correct, but more important IMO is that he is early on long term deal, don't have it in front of me, but a reasonable 6m-ish for term. You are overpaying for the potential, but you are getting a good crack at seeing it realized into extensive production.

And again, I don't even think about this, except for the synergy of Mack and krieider! Would result in total domination and allow instant alleviation vs Sid + Geno as dominant pair, esp w/ Malkin nicked up as he gets older

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I was being facetious, but it would be interesting to have #3, #7, and #21. I don't want McD traded.

doesn't happen otherwise; it's a huge gamble, but if we like the pick at 3 for a C and then are free to go Litfgren sp? at 7, could be worth it.

Still intrigued by Sam Reinhart who wont' be cheap, but maybe there is another route for him......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->