Speculation: Roster Building Thread DCLXXXII: Draft Day in Chicago - My Kinda Town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
valid point about the defense, wont matter if Hayes is the 2c, it just wont

Defense would make a world of difference. Just adding Smith made a difference last season. If we keep him and we replace Girardi with Shattenkirk, that would be huge.

I do seriously hope Hayes at 2C isn't the plan though.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Defense would make a world of difference. Just adding Smith made a difference last season. If we keep him and we replace Girardi with Shattenkirk, that would be huge.

defense would be top notch, but center is still a very important position.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011

we have 15M in cap space even after Shattenkirk so I'm guessing not.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I really do not want Shattenkirk... unless he comes at 5x5 and without a NMC/NTC.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
OMG I was just thinking I wonder what guys who are overseas might wake up to with this trade.

What threw me off was people including 7OA in there proposals. Wtf we are not picking 7th. .... wait a minute lol

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I would love the defense fixed... absolutely love it..

I also realize (this is at the moment of course) if Zibanejad gets hurt again, Kevin hayes is your #1 center... why would we want to try to "contend" instead of sell off major pieces for valuable assets?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Roll your eyes all you want and tell yourself whatever you need to believe because you got what you wanted which was Step traded...

But Arizona won that trade.

As 10 other posters tell you it was fair :laugh: Your basically in your own world on this one.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
There was nothing fair about that.

We gave them a 2C at 27 years old with loads of playoff experience and potentially their starting goalie.

Stop with this fair value ********

They still have time to make some moves but I'm with you on this.
It's a one sided deal in every sense of the word.
The #7 pick isn't going to be ready to see the ice for a few years, if at all.
In no way does this help the team right now which has gaping holes in the D and now adding to that no center depth.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I would love the defense fixed... absolutely love it..

I also realize (this is at the moment of course) if Zibanejad gets hurt again, Kevin hayes is your #1 center... why would we want to try to "contend" instead of sell off major pieces for valuable assets?

I think everyone sees that. But not every player is available at the same time. Johansen was a middle of the year trade. Those guys become available but it doesn't need to be at the same time. Fix the defense while you can (at a reasonable cost of course, no Shattenkirk for 7 years @ $7m)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad