Speculation: Roster Building LX: The Return of Cap(tain) Crunch aka LB Bus Stop Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
and what’s market value? The return on the McDonough trade or return on the Hayes trade in full?

Oh buy out Shatty or Staal or Smith and then trade Kreider?

I’m hopeful for a great return on Kreider yet not sold a haul is a certainty being this org has a cap issue with both multiple RFA to resign and overpriced vets it doesn’t appear anybody wants.

Something has to give.

A 1st + a prospect. If it’s not available now, then hold on to him until the deadline.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Maybe I just haven’t seen it but has Larry expanded on what he’d do with Kreider if he refuses to trade him now?

No offense to him but I can’t come up with a very good reason to hang onto Kreider. Aside from the price isn’t good now.

Re-signing him is out of the question, he will still be a good player but the contract would immediately be a handicap

I also can’t seem to wrap my head around other teams are able to trade their guys who are one year away from UFA, but the Rangers haven’t done it for two years in a row

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Brooks' premise is that clearing out Shattenkirk alone this season would be enough to get them under. Assuming DeAngelo and Lemieux sign what their QO's were, that gives them about $1.7 million in space with 13 F, 6 D, and 2 G. I've got Beleskey, McKegg, and Nieves all sent down and the following lineup.

Panarin - Mika - Kakko
Kreider - Chytil - Buch
Namestnikov - Lias - Kravtsov
Strome - Howden - Fast
Lemieux

Skjei - Trouba
Staal - DeAngelo
Smith - Fox

Henrik
Georgiev

If Names & Kreider are kept, I'd run with the following

Kreider-Zibs-Kakko
Panarin-Howden-Kravstov
Chytil-Strome-Buch
Names-Lias-Fast
Lemmy

Skjei-Trouba
Staal-DeAngelo
Hajek/Lindgren/Rykov-Fox

Hank
Georgie/Shesty

At the deadline- I would trade Fast, Kreider and Names for one last sell-off.

Fast for a 3rd round pick & a 2020 7th
Names (50%) for a 3rd & 2020 7th
Kreider for an NHL ready prospect and a 2020 1st.

I'm not expecting the Rangers to make the playoffs. The PK and defense aren't going to hold up to do that, and the team is very young with a lot of effective hockey roles not being filled yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad