New York Islanders: Ross Johnston agreed to terms on a four-year contract ($1.1M AAV)

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Lou let Robin Lehner walk.
And people complained about that as well yet Varly was then and still is a better goalie. Lou knows what he is doing and considering our last GM people may be scarred from that era of Islander hockey but every time Lou signs someone or trades for someone if I find myself puzzled I just remind myself Lou knows what he is doing LOL.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
So, if 4-5 regulars go out with COVID and the Isles still have to play the games, Ross can slide right in a play with Trotz fulling knowing what he can/can't do. No different than Dal Colle, etc. Its a smart depth move since BST is thin and Lou/Trotz want confidence that players can slide right in the role they are asked w/o some random wildcard skating around the ice. You would think a SC winning coach and multi-SC winning GM would want to proactively play the depth move due to COVID, condensed schedule, and possible injuries. [But I wanted Corey Perry for that role!!!! Senile Lou].
I have utmost belief that if Ross played a full year he’d score 8-10 goals and would be the defacto heavyweight champ in the league. He’s going to play this year a lot more than we think to keep guys like Martin and Clutterbuck healthy when the real hockey starts after olympics.

Reactions: MJF

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
And people complained about that as well yet Varly was then and still is a better goalie. Lou knows what he is doing and considering our last GM people may be scarred from that era of Islander hockey but every time Lou signs someone or trades for someone if I find myself puzzled I just remind myself Lou knows what he is doing LOL.
People might want to hang out in the present a little more. Lou has already separated this franchise from that. So did ownership. And so will Belmont.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad