New York Islanders: Ross Johnston agreed to terms on a four-year contract ($1.1M AAV)

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Get outta here.

Congrats Rosco. I know it’s got to be hard to be on a team and not get your number called to play.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Willing to be the 14th forward, one of the worst roster spots in the league to have. Nuclear deterrent. 4 years may make other teams wary to claim him. Low salary so we can bury him if he does pass.

Good move.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
So basically if he gets through waivers he costs $0.1M against the cap

I guess they see him as a useful 4th liner down the road

love Ross, so can’t be too upset

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island

shocked by this but at $1.1M it is a great deal for the Isles as that salary would never hurt the cap if they waived him he is either claimed or the whole amount could be buried in the AHL). so good security. I actually think he has some game and a natural replacement for Matt Martin's role down the road

Reactions: RMimagery

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
He will eventually replace Martin and should also play more this year as I’d expect both Martin and Clutterbuck to get more nights off in regular season. Also is useful to have a heavyweight in division that contains Reaves and Tom Wilson.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
where is Leo? They waived him but he is not playing at the Bridge. Does he still practice with the team? He is 34 does that mean he doesnt have to report?
I don’t know. Maybe it was a paper transaction and they aren’t asking him to physically be in Bridgeport?

On the other hand would he even be allowed to practice with the parent club of he’s not on their roster?

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
All things considered, buryable if needed, and takes him two years past Matt Martins current contract, so I guess he's the heir apparent, just has to wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad