GDT: ROR Where art thou?! Blues vs. Habs 8:00 EST TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Mathias Brunet, actually one of the best journalists we have, 2 days ago said that Bergevin should be top 3 as far as GM of the year is concerned.....
I would have agreed after the first third of the season, but since then Tatar and Domi cooled off and Patches and Galchy decided preseason was over. I still like those trades though.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
If I had to rate our shot and pass accuracy in January : 1/10
The only goal tonight was on a missed pass.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My God we are pracitically a beer league team.

We're getting killed by Paddington.

2qv3p3.gif

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
There is just no way that you can say attitude is the most important thing and not trade Drouin at the deadline. Just impossible. If that happens, it means Bergevin is just bullshitting people and that's impo....ah forget it...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Armia is a bottom 6 1 of many we have in this lineup every years.
Most of these guys were early to late 30s. Physical prime is late 20s-early 30s, so it is possible that Armia still gets better. At worst he shouldn't regress for a good 5 years.

Drouin unless he fix his mentality wont get that much better.
Look at my post history, I'm no fan of Drouin. I was even making comparisons with Alexander Svitov a couple years ago. With that said, he's a 50ish point guy. When he hits is physical prime in 4-5 years, he should at least be able to get 60ish points even if he still remains the type of player he is today.

Domi is a worker , hes good but i dont think he will improve that much

Even if he can only get to maintain a somewhat similar pace to this year (with a constant pace instead of that super hot start then cooling down), he'll get better just by being a more physical threat.

Just my opinion but habs are full of bottom 6 players.

A lot of bottom 6 guys, but Kotkaniemi, Domi and Drouin are young top 6 guys. Gallagher is still a young guy at 26, but his hands injuries worries me. Lehkonen and Armia are young top 9 guys with top6 potential (although Armia probably tops as a very good middle 6 guy). Then you have guys like Ylonen, Poehling, Ikonen and Suzuki that all predict as top 6/middle 6 guys. We just need some prospects to boom instead of bust (like they have in the 2008-2011 period) and we're in a good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad