GDT: ROR Where art thou?! Blues vs. Habs 8:00 EST TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
OH boy !!! Game day its game day!!!!

Marc will get to sit in the press box tonight and watch on as one of his shiny toys that got away plays against us....

For some odd reason I see the Habs doing well tonight and winning this.

3-1 MTL...

upload_2019-1-10_8-54-27.png

When line up is announced I will add it to the front of this post

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
IMO, just change the header and make this the GDT, unless somebody already volunteered to put one up (but I didn't see it in the sign-up thread).

Practice lines yesterday:

Drouin - Domi - Armia
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Byron
Agostino - Peca - Deslauriers
Hudon - Chaput

Mete - Alzner
Reilly - Petry
Kulak - Benn

Price
Niemi

Weber took a therapy day yesterday. I guess because of our win versus Detroit, Julien is keeping that top-9 intact.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
IMO, just change the header and make this the GDT, unless somebody already volunteered to put one up (but I didn't see it in the sign-up thread).

Practice lines yesterday:

Drouin - Domi - Armia
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Byron
Agostino - Peca - Deslauriers
Hudon - Chaput

Mete - Alzner
Reilly - Petry
Kulak - Benn

Price
Niemi

Weber took a therapy day yesterday. I guess because of our win versus Detroit, Julien is keeping that top-9 intact.

That can be done if it the wish of the masses!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Go team!

Looking at the standings and only 6 points separate 2nd in the conference and 9th place.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Another Western team with size and something to prove this year. We usually don't come out too great against these types of teams but I'm hoping it's different tonight.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
IMO, the Blues aren’t so fearsome anymore, they are obviously a gong show this season, and playing .500 hockey as of late.

We’re not world beaters either and while I won’t be so bold and say we will beat the Blues, I think the more likely outcome is STL will find a way to lose, much like when we played them earlier this season.

I haven’t paid much attention to the Blues as of late, but if they are still playing like they had been the first 1/4 of the season, so long as the game is close going into the 3rd, I would expect a complete meltdown by STL.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Team is struggling to score with 6 goals in 4 games so Julien puts Chaput, Alzner and Deslauriers in the lineup.. lol.

Julien and i, like last year are on completely different pages. We'll see the result tonight, but i'd go:

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Kk Hudon
Byron Danault Lehkonen (shut down line that plays against oppositions no. 1 line)
Shaw/Agostino Chaput Armia

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Since Weber's return (20 games)

Habs are 12-8-0, Good for 8th place during that stretch. (Was 11-8-5 before)
The scored 58 goals against 54 allowed (Was 74 goals for and 81 goals against)
The Powerplay is at 8.9%, 2nd worst in the NHL (Was 14.9%...stil 2nd worst)
The Penalty Kill is at 77.4%, ranked 23rd in the NHL (PK was at 79%)

Amongst all starting goaltenders (12+ games played during that same stretch)
Price has a saving % of 92.4% , 2nd best in the NHL
GAA of 2.14 which is the best in the NHL.

During that same stretch, Weber is the 2nd best goal scorer in the NHL for a D....just behind Petry who is 1st.

So in 20 games (still a small sample). Weber had a very positive effect on defensive play and goaltending.
On the other hand, so far, his effect on Offensive play seems to have been negative......

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Since Weber's return (20 games)

Habs are 12-8-0, Good for 8th place during that stretch. (Was 11-8-5 before)
The scored 58 goals against 54 allowed (Was 74 goals for and 81 goals against)
The Powerplay is at 8.9%, 2nd worst in the NHL (Was 14.9%...stil 2nd worst)
The Penalty Kill is at 77.4%, ranked 23rd in the NHL (PK was at 79%)

Amongst all starting goaltenders (12+ games played during that same stretch)
Price has a saving % of 92.4% , 2nd best in the NHL
GAA of 2.14 which is the best in the NHL.

During that same stretch, Weber is the 2nd best goal scorer in the NHL for a D....just behind Petry who is 1st.

So in 20 games (still a small sample). Weber had a very positive effect on defensive play and goaltending.
On the other hand, so far, he's effect on Offensive play seems to have been negative..
I think that many of us predicted that this would be the case and it's not Weber's fault by the way but rather the fact that he does not have a credible number one D partner to help him out. The yin to his yang if you will.

Reactions: Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I think that many of us predicted that this would be the case and it's not Weber's fault by the way but rather the fact that he does not have a credible number one D partner to help him out. The yin to his yang if you will.

I personnally think the Habs changed their system a little with Weber' return.....they are playing a little more conservative instead of going ape shit in the D-zone and throw it forward at every chances. Less turnovers but less offensive output.

But like i said....small sample size. Tons of factor gets into those numbers to draws conclusion.
But Price at least seems to be back at where he was when Weber has gone down, which is good news.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I personnally think the Habs changed their system a little with Weber' return.....they are playing a little more conservative instead of going ape **** in the D-zone and throw it forward at every chances. Less turnovers but less offensive output.

But like i said....small sample size. Tons of factor gets into those numbers to draws conclusion.
But Price at least seems to be back at where he was when Weber has gone down, which is good news.
Price is back because there is more stability in our end, he was routinely facing three- four cross seam passes inside the circles and trying to survive and help us win games. That is tough to do for any goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->