Confirmed with Link: ROR traded to STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If I was a bigger dick, I’d bump that thread with the dude arguing that Berglund/Thompson/Sobotka would outscore O’Reilly by himself as if 3 players outscoring one was a big accomplishment.

O’Reilly is my favorite player and it’s not particularly close. I’ll be owning a #90 jersey someday soon.
Yep, I've got 3 blank Jerseys...I think my WC will get #90.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
He might drag our ass out of this mess. He’s been all I hoped, which is why it is so startling we are struggling so badly.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I was excited when we acquired ROR, but he's been much better than I expected. He's been fantastic.
Yeah I thought he was a good Stastny replacement but maybe a little better defensively(though Stastny is pretty good defensively himself). He’s been outrageously good. He should have a few more points too as he was robbed in the first game and has given Tarasenko several golden opportunities that he hasn’t finished. Getting Schenn and ROR in back to back summers is fantastic work. Now we just need our defense and goaltending to start playing as well as our offense.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
ROR has exceeded every expectation I had for him, which were lofty.

He made a line of Perron and Sanford look like gold.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
My last Jersey was Lehtera the Christmas of his rookie season so i'm going to stay far far away from any more player jerseys. I love ROR and everything he's brought though

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Best player we've got right now.

Complete set of skills.
Best work ethic.
Desire to do what it takes.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I've been looking at the Blues website for weeks trying to order a ROR jersey. They aren't available.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
I can't wait until tomorrow night to see what ROR looks like after a 5 day break. He has been the main reason why this terrible start has been bearable to watch. It's gonna be a lot of fun when Schwartz/Schenn get their games going. Of course our goalie will give up weak goals, but we actually have players who can create offense. Exciting and heartbreaking.
After a bad frustrating loss, I will now learn to just remember the way ROR plays regardless. So glad he is signed long term.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Shame we got ROR the locker room cancer and not the quality upstanding Evander Kane with absolutely no off ice issues.

Yep, interesting how those narratives take off. I heard an interview with Jack Eichel where he said him and O'Reilly were friends and liked each other, and they would laugh when the media would try and find issues between them. Very happy to have ROR on the team.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
My last Jersey was Lehtera the Christmas of his rookie season so i'm going to stay far far away from any more player jerseys. I love ROR and everything he's brought though
giphy.gif

Reactions: jura and JoshFromMO

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Meanwhile in Buffalo:
Berglund: 2 points in 11 games
Sobotka: 1 point in 9 games
Thompson: 1 point in 9 games

I realize the key pieces were the 1st round pick and Thompson's development as a middle 6 forward in a year or two. However, Buffalo isn't bad. They are 6-4-2 and have a ton of great pieces on that roster. The 3 players we gave them are not among them. Although maybe Sobotka and Berglund are helping on defense up there.

This just feels like a trade we will always love. We dumped Berglund and Sobotka's contracts(amazing) and didn't give up one of our more prized prospects(even more amazing). And ROR is an absolute fantastic hockey player.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Meanwhile in Buffalo:
Berglund: 2 points in 11 games
Sobotka: 1 point in 9 games
Thompson: 1 point in 9 games

I realize the key pieces were the 1st round pick and Thompson's development as a middle 6 forward in a year or two. However, Buffalo isn't bad. They are 6-4-2 and have a ton of great pieces on that roster. The 3 players we gave them are not among them. Although maybe Sobotka and Berglund are helping on defense up there.

This just feels like a trade we will always love. We dumped Berglund and Sobotka's contracts(amazing) and didn't give up one of our more prized prospects(even more amazing). And ROR is an absolute fantastic hockey player.
While I do think they are better, they havnt beaten a "good team" yet.

Theres no way I will regret Thompson+1st+2nd for what ROR brings. He would have to do a 180° for me to feel bad. Even with the Blues struggles....I'm happy. The 1st is protected so whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad