Confirmed with Link: ROR traded to STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
rofl that trade is getting even more lopsided
But actually this made it much better for us because we essentially just gained $4 million in cap space for the next several years so there's the money to keep Jeff Skinner. Berglund walking out actually did us a huge favor. Is it possible he wants to go back to Europe to SHL or (for money) the KHL?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
But actually this made it much better for us because we essentially just gained $4 million in cap space for the next several years so there's the money to keep Jeff Skinner. Berglund walking out actually did us a huge favor. Is it possible he wants to go back to Europe to SHL or (for money) the KHL?

A less cynical fan than I might suggest it's time to cut Steen's ice-time down to 4th-minute/13th forward. Maybe he'll take his stick and go home to pout too.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Except that supposedly Sobotka and Berglund were viewed as plus-value assets at the time of the trade. If you're saying he was a negative asset with a bad contract, then Buffalo should have extracted MORE value from the Blues to take him in the trade. I actually thought Sobotka was even worse value, but fortunately was only the 1 season term on his deal.

There's no way to spin this into making that trade look better. Hopefully it works out for Buffalo, but this development only hurts the balance of that trade ledger in hindsight. And why couldn't they forge a happy relationship with Berglund? He's been a low maintenance player his whole career. Its not like he was used to NYC or something, he'd played in St Louis his whole career!

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Does it really matter? Getting his money off the books is massive.
I’m with you. I see no need to hash out the cost and effect of this trade any longer. It happened, and that should be the end of it right there.

Reactions: stl76

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’m with you. I see no need to hash out the cost and effect of this trade any longer. It happened, and that should be the end of it right there.
I’m not sure who invited Buffalo posters to come to our board to tell us how this development makes the trade better, but I’m going to call out that crap if they post it here.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Does it really matter? Getting his money off the books is massive.
unless the blues manage to tank for the next 2 seasons (which IS possible, but i personally feel they will finish outside the top 10 this season), there is no reason to sugarcoat this trade. sabres traded a very productive centerman for essentially a mid first round pick and peanuts.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Ah I see. I don’t know, snow looks cool and is fun when you’re a kid. But when you’re an adult and you have to shovel it, clean your car off, drive in it, etc I think it’s mainly just a pain in the ass.

Skiing? Snowboarding? I'm 28, and apart from having to occasionally do outdoor jobs where snow creates legitimate safety issues I love the extra options snow gives me during the winter. I moved over 1000 miles this summer, to settle down north of the 60th parallel.

My only regret is that the management running the company I'm working for has absolutely no communication abilities and it creates nightmarish situations out in the field when they make arbitrary decisions from a desk without coordinating with someone physically looking at the situation before making changes or promises about jobs.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
unless the blues manage to tank for the next 2 seasons (which IS possible, but i personally feel they will finish outside the top 10 this season), there is no reason to sugarcoat this trade. sabres traded a very productive centerman for essentially a mid first round pick and peanuts.

Who cares though from a Buffalo perspective, better players then ROR have been traded for less. He’s a real nice player but he’s not a game changer, and making that move probably allowed Buffalo to shift the leadership to the young core.

Reactions: Note Worthy

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Who cares though from a Buffalo perspective, better players then ROR have been traded for less. He’s a real nice player but he’s not a game changer, and making that move probably allowed Buffalo to shift the leadership to the young core.
Sure, however you need to justify it. All the narrative spinning shows how bad of a trade it was. Some of us Blues fans did it with Oshie, we understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad