Eklund Rumor: ROR for Hamilton (BUF/CGY)

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I heard Boston traded Hamilton to get him out of the locker room. Others have said he is a "little off".
Any rumors in Calgary?

He's shown to be an awesome, likeable person. No negative rumours. Also arguably the best player on the flames most of the time (of course Gaudreau has something to say).

As I will always say, why the hell trade Hamilton? And again, why for a centre and a left handed one at that?

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Sabres fans won't like it (and I don't blame them), but the only way I would entertain a Hamilton/ROR swap was if Reinhart was also coming back to Calgary.
ROR AND Reinhart for Hamilton?

giphy.gif

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
He's shown to be an awesome, likeable person. No negative rumours. Also arguably the best player on the flames most of the time (of course Gaudreau has something to say).

As I will always say, why the hell trade Hamilton? And again, why for a centre and a left handed one at that?
RoR's shown to be an awesome, likeable person. No negative rumours. Also arguably the best player on the Sabres most of the time (of course Eichel has something to say).

As I will always say, why the hell trade O'Reilly? And again, why for a defenseman and a right handed one at that?

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Sabres fans won't like it (and I don't blame them), but the only way I would entertain a Hamilton/ROR swap was if Reinhart was also coming back to Calgary.

Hamilton is a very close comparable to ROR. One of the only guys I'd trade ROR for. But the gap between the 2 is in no way, shape, or form, Sam Reinhart

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
RoR's shown to be an awesome, likeable person. No negative rumours. Also arguably the best player on the Sabres most of the time (of course Eichel has something to say).

As I will always say, why the hell trade O'Reilly? And again, why for a defenseman and a right handed one at that?

I feel as though you took offense to something I said, when I didn't say a single negative thing about O'Reilly. I answered the guy's question about Hamilton's personality, and then exclaimed that trading Hamilton is stupid.

Didn't once mention ROR's personality or play ability.

Reactions: Mitts888

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I don't get why people are calling this so lopsided for Buffalo's favour. A 1C for a 2D is not too bad, even if you consider the two-year age gap and contracts.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Why would Calgary do that though? Hamilton is worth more than ROR and Nylander hasn't even done anything of relevance in the AHL

Because Hamilton's not and Bennet is odd man out if they add another center, who also hasn't done anything to live up to his draft hype.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I feel as though you took offense to something I said, when I didn't say a single negative thing about O'Reilly. I answered the guy's question about Hamilton's personality, and then exclaimed that trading Hamilton is stupid.

Didn't once mention ROR's personality or play ability.
Oh sorry, not at all. It just so perfectly captured how Sabres fans feel about O'Reilly. Not a locker room problem, often best player, no reason to trade, and so on.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
ROR AND Reinhart for Hamilton?

giphy.gif
Did I type with a stutter? Had you actually read my post, I stated what I (me personally) would want and that Sabres fans wouldn't like it. The only people laughing are the ones at your reading comprehension skills.

Reactions: MoneyHandsMonahan

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hamilton is a very close comparable to ROR. One of the only guys I'd trade ROR for. But the gap between the 2 is in no way, shape, or form, Sam Reinhart
See, her eis the thing that people don't seem to understand.

THE FLAMES DO NOT WANT TO TRADE HAMILTON

Thus, if someone wants to land him, it will take an offer the Flames cannot say not to.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
See, her eis the thing that people don't seem to understand.

THE FLAMES DO NOT WANT TO TRADE HAMILTON

Thus, if someone wants to land him, it will take an offer the Flames cannot say not to.

Agreed.

ROR=Hamilton on straight value. That doesn't mean either team agrees to the trade.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Because Hamilton's not and Bennet is odd man out if they add another center, who also hasn't done anything to live up to his draft hype.
1) Hamilton is, because we are not shopping him, the Flames do not want to trade him. So it has to be an offer that they can't say no to, if someone actually wants to acquire him.

2) Sam Bennett played most of last year at LW last year, with Jankowski centering him. It's also ironic that you shit on his draft position and what he's accomplished when Nylander can't do much better in a much lesser league.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Did I type with a stutter? Had you actually read my post, I stated what I (me personally) would want and that Sabres fans wouldn't like it. The only people laughing are the ones at your reading comprehension skills.
I want Hamilton and Gaudreau for ROR. I can play this dumb game also.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Pass.
Dougie is an important piece for us. If we could centre this around Brodie and some adds; then sure.

TheKurgan

Jun 14, 2016
Calgary
ROR is a very good 2 way centre, but he is a 2nd line centre on Buffalo and would be on the Flames as well. $7.5mil for 5 more years isn’t a great deal for a 27 year old second line centre that isn’t even in the top 30 in scoring at his position. He is unlikely to get better with age.

Hamilton is 2 years younger, gets paid $1.75mil less, top pairing, right shooting dman that can score and skate.

Hamilton > ROR

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
ROR is a very good 2 way centre, but he is a 2nd line centre on Buffalo and would be on the Flames as well. $7.5mil for 5 more years isn’t a great deal for a 27 year old second line centre that isn’t even in the top 30 in scoring at his position. He is unlikely to get better with age.

Hamilton is 2 years younger, gets paid $1.75mil less, top pairing, right shooting dman that can score and skate.

Hamilton > ROR
That’s just it. ROR isn’t any teams ideal 1C, sure he could fill in if he had to but much better suited as a 2C. I think that he’ll probably return a nice package of unproven, high end young prospects and futures but if the Sabres are looking for proven players that can make an impact now, they’ll be disappointed. Similar to the Duchene and Turris deals

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The fact that anyone thinks the Sabres should add should stop the conversation immediately....there is really nothing that's gonna get done in a deal like that. Mentioning that he's the #2 Center when Eichel is on the team doesn't even take anything away from him considering he took a lot of the draws and hard matchups for Eichel. Not saying he's Malkin but playing behind someone who is better than you doesn't diminish your value when you are still playing those hard minutes anyway.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010

Hamilton > ROR

Just a small correction, but I believe ROR is 21st in center scoring over the last three years.

He may be a lower end #1 C, but he is a #1 by all viable statistics IMO.

I actually wished he played in an up tempo system like Toronto. I really think he could have been a 75 point guy on a team like that. Very straight line. Not a speedster but knows where to go and how to get the puck to the net.

Really enjoyed his play this year and ever since we acquired him.

I could see where both teams are hesitant to deal their player. 1 for 1 swaps are so challenging as they bring out player favouritism. I really like Hamilton and ROR for him would be a tough pill to swallow from both sides.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Look, the brass tax is just that there's no chance the flames are trading Hamilton straight up for ROR. If Buffalo wants Hamilton (all indications in every rumor are that the interest generated from that end) then they will have to sweeten the pot. I have yet to see a Buffalo fan admit or propose anything that recognizes this, meanwhile we have been happy to outline what we think a fair proposal would look like. If y'all are dead set in not adding to him, then I'm sorry to tell you you're not likely to see him traded for anything of significant value. I believe the current media speculation is that he's worth a 2nd rounder on his own, contract considered.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I want Hamilton and Gaudreau for ROR. I can play this dumb game also.
The difference being the Sabres seem to he orettp actively shopping ROR and all reports have stated the Flames don't want to move Hamilton. If someone wants Hamilton, they'll have to pony up something that will hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad