Eklund Rumor: ROR for Hamilton (BUF/CGY)

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lol not even close.

I would only bite if it's something like Hamilton+Janko/Bennett for ROR+Ristolainen. We upgrade at centre, you upgrade at defense.

The different between Hamilton/Risto (very little) is not with the difference between Jankowski/RoR (massive)

That's so so bad.

Reactions: normaliswear

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
You take a deal (ROR for DH) that the Flames don't want. Then you expect the Flames to add one of their most promising young forwards, that they've spent years developing, to the deal? The Flames have plenty of better defensive prospects than Guhle, and they already have a log jam to find playing time for them on the bottom pairing. Guhle has no value to the Flames.
That makes sense, Guhle doesn't really fill a hole for you guys since he's a lefty and u have valimaki ready to come up and obviously gio and brodie....i would like to politely RECIND my god awful trade thought, i apologize, i'm extremely bored on this flight from vegas to buffalo.....yeah that's right, i was at game 5 :D

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
As far as Eklund rumors go, this one isn't too bad.

I think both teams are better off keeping their guy, but this isn't from outer space like most are.

It's still pretty outer space lol. Hamilton for an expensive getting there in age LHS centerman is counterproductive for the Flames.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
That's not true though. He would be a great addition to the team. Can never have enough C depth. Would be perfect on the second line. Push Backlund to 3rd line.... Keep Bennett on the wing.

I just wouldn't do Hamilton 1 for 1 for him.

Eh with his contract I really don't see a point in that form of center depth for the Flames, especially not at the cost of Hamilton.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
Well who the **** did anything like that in this sub thread? I believe O'Reilly is a top 15 centetman in this league and by far the most effective player on the Sabres. I think Dougie Hamilton is a very good defenseman who gets sheltered by the veteran defensive dmen on his team. So who's hard to find? An all situations centetman who dominates faceoffs, scores and sets up, and is an elite dzone player, or a sheltered offensive defensmen who plays middle pairing minutes. And people use stats to make an argument because without data, it's just morons screaming at each other.

Hilarious, build up your guy sky high and try to brow beat hamilton as much as possible. Since you clearly have no idea what your talking about, how is Hamilton sheltered playing on the top pairing against the top lines? Oh, he isnt. How is he playing middle pairing minutes when he is on the top defensive pairing? Oh, he isnt. Saying things you are clearly clueless about makes you look really stupid, nice job.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
So, some guy calls me stupid, and that's fine, and it's still up, but when I clown him slightly, my post gets deleted. Nice job mods. Way to be fair and balanced. You have a great future with Fox news.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I disagree with the notion that Hamilton is not significantly better than ristolainen. He's better in every measurable way.
Risto is more physical....an considering he can show that he is capable of playing 27 minutes a game already over a season definitely shows he has endurance. Put Hamilton on his spot and he's not going to do much better as a top pairing on the Sabres....whose Hamilton's partner in comparison to Risto's?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
:laugh: ROR for Dougie Hamilton who else is Buffalo adding to ROR for Hamilton because ROR alone wont cut it.
I agree. Have to ask though why Calgary does not try to move other pieces for scoring?
Hamilton is young enough, to be a core piece for the next 10 yrs.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I agree. Have to ask though why Calgary does not try to move other pieces for scoring?
Hamilton is young enough, to be a core piece for the next 10 yrs.
I'm not saying we should move Hamilton, but to answer your question.

So are all our other really good pieces. The remaining guys with any value are Hamonic, Brodie, Stone, Backlund, Frolik, Jankowski, Ferland and Bennett. Hamonic and Backlund are going nowhere, neither Brodie nor Frolik will land us a top line talent, like we need. Janko, Ferland and Bennett likely have more value to the Flames than anyone trying to acquire them and Stone might get as a 2nd if we are lucky, but more likely a couple 3rds or a 3rd and a 4th.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->