Rooting For the Tank Part 2019

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
How so? You can easily drop 3 spots. Even so, it’s not even close to a lock they finish 5th worse.

Maybe referring to top 5 (meaning bottom 5) finish in the actual standings. Not taking into account the lottery situation.
It's looking like we won't win again until october 2019 (maybe november at this rate).

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Wings up 2-0!!

Please Devils win out.

If we can finish 3rd or 4th last I feel good about getting lucky in the lotto.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
wings ahead 4-3 now.
Rangers clearly ahead of us now.

It's now looking like 3rd - 5th pick, when a week ago 3rd overall was really not a possibility.

I think the wings will pass us for sure. It's now a matter of if the Devils can.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I would really like St Louis to stay put. Any higher and that'll be top 12 which is the condition to the Montour deal. We'd keep the 19th pick and give Anahiem SJ's pick instead.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I said months ago we would finish 25th..then I said 27th 2 weeks or so ago and we're sitting at 28th with the possibility of falling even lower. Truly amazing.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Lots of players on the D sitting out with injuries, including Risto who has been 'sick'. Wonder if there isn't a bit of a sly tank going on here at the end.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Lots of players on the D sitting out with injuries, including Risto who has been 'sick'. Wonder if there isn't a bit of a sly tank going on here at the end.
Risto is a -3000
They would play Risto if they were tanking. ;)

We really do miss the energy Risto and Bogo bring. We have been listless the last few games.
Zero emotion. Makes me reconsider trading Risto in the off season.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
IF you want a good laugh, go read the RAngers thread
- Around the NHL: Part V – Welcome to Pominville
I don't think they like us for passing them in the tank standings. :laugh:

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Rangers won leaving us controlling our own fate. We are sitting top 5. Finish with a 5 game losing streak and we might even get top 3.

So the sabers can miss on pick 4 or 5 OA. Or rush him and ruin his confidence on a dumpster fire team. Or even get him involved in 3 years from now. No body wants to play here. Kids at the draft are crossing their fingers and hoping they go elsewhere. f*** this bottom feeder mentality. It's a losing mind set.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Risto is a -3000
They would play Risto if they were tanking. ;)

We really do miss the energy Risto and Bogo bring. We have been listless the last few games.
Zero emotion. Makes me reconsider trading Risto in the off season.

So lets get a couple of real energy guys then. Not the fake tough guys

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
So the Sabres can miss on pick 4 or 5 OA. Or rush him and ruin his confidence on a dumpster fire team. Or even get him involved in 3 years from now. No body wants to play here. Kids at the draft are crossing their fingers and hoping they go elsewhere. **** this bottom feeder mentality. It's a losing mind set.
there was no bottom feeder mentality during our win streak, house fly just decided to implode the team with his incompetence and this is the situation we're now stuck in.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
there was no bottom feeder mentality during our win streak, house fly just decided to implode the team with his incompetence and this is the situation we're now stuck in.

My anger for everything Buffalo hockey is at an all time high. The organization as a whole is the laughing stock of the NHL. From Ownership to Management and through the multiple coaches and new player regimes over and over again.

Every decision this franchise has made has been terrible, every trade, every FA and draft pick. Outside the three, that's 3 f***ing top 3 picks! Some teams haven't had a top 3 pick ever or since the 60's. Here they go to die. Wasted away with poor player development, no worries about rushing the prospect and letting the loser culture seep deep into these young kids heads.

Now again we're in a situation where we will Fire Housefly or Botts and start the whole thing over again. Oh, and waste another top 10 pick.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
My anger for everything Buffalo hockey is at an all time high. The organization as a whole is the laughing stock of the NHL. From Ownership to Management and through the multiple coaches and new player regimes over and over again.

Every decision this franchise has made has been terrible, every trade, every FA and draft pick. Outside the three, that's 3 ****ing top 3 picks! Some teams haven't had a top 3 pick ever or since the 60's. Here they go to die. Wasted away with poor player development, no worries about rushing the prospect and letting the loser culture seep deep into these young kids heads.

Now again we're in a situation where we will Fire Housefly or Botts and start the whole thing over again. Oh, and waste another top 10 pick.

Hard to be lazy and just like that statement since none of us like it and don't understand this team.... But you are right on..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad