Rooting For the Tank Part 2019

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
We were the 6th ranked NHL team at Christmas. Even though we're most likely getting a top 5 pick, it hasn't really felt like a tank year with that 10 game winning streak. So only the last few weeks have been the painful ones to watch in comparison to our tank years of just brutal hockey watching. This was a stealth tank.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
We have a very compressed schedule. Tomorrow night will be our 4th in 6 nights, Saturday will be 5th in 8 nights, and Sunday will be the 6th in 9 nights. I don't like our chances at the Islanders on Saturday, and we will be tired on Sunday given both the back-to-back and 6 games in 9 nights, and Columbus should be hungry. We aren't going to beat Nashville on Tuesday. Losing tomorrow night to Detroit could go a long way to us climbing into the top-3 or 4.

Reactions: Reddawg

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
We have a very compressed schedule. Tomorrow night will be our 4th in 6 nights, Saturday will be 5th in 8 nights, and Sunday will be the 6th in 9 nights. I don't like our chances at the Islanders on Saturday, and we will be tired on Sunday given both the back-to-back and 6 games in 9 nights, and Columbus should be hungry. We aren't going to beat Nashville on Tuesday. Losing tomorrow night to Detroit could go a long way to us climbing into the top-3 or 4.
Losing both of our games vs Detroit so we move into 3rd, dream scenario.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’ll be ok with this if it lands Buffalo Hughes or Kakko

If we land Kakko, I think he slots in easily, and the summer we should be about making moves we all expect.

If we land Hughes, we need to do EVERYTHING in our power to protect him. I want him on the third line, left or right winger, with an experienced center who backchecks hard and goes to the net hard. Then, I want a 2nd line with Reinhart on it, and a not Mittelstadt center to handle a true 2nd line Role. If we try to mittelstadt him, he’ll fail too.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
At this rate would could pick up Byfield at the top of next years draft. Maybe even Lafreniere.
Daring to dream that impossible dream. Only three more years after this draft until we can claim to be the first team in modern league history to draft in the top ten every year for an entire decade. (I think)

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Daring to dream that impossible dream. Only three more years after this draft until we can claim to be the first team in modern league history to draft in the top ten every year for an entire decade. (I think)

You guys are so depressing and a reminder why I miss a nice speedball with some ket to get small and then let the shrooms kick in while my nozzle on my big blue tank unfreezes from being horizontal in the trunk... jeez

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
You guys are so depressing and a reminder why I miss a nice speedball with some ket to get small and then let the shrooms kick in while my nozzle on my big blue tank unfreezes from being horizontal in the trunk... jeez

This explains SO SO MUCH.

Reactions: Fearnot

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Send Tage down to get him gelling with some linemates for the playoffs and bring VO up...I want to see what he can do at the next level, even in garbage time.
I definitely should have made this post four months ago. Maybe it would have come true then.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
This explains SO SO MUCH.
Your welcome.. but I’m now like the chick in nymphomaniac , very little gets me off anymore and am hopelessly sober.. most of the time.. but ahhh fun times.. good combos.. Olofsson looked good and I loved Nylander creativity and compete in his dump and chase it himself.. and that kick pass was on purpose.. nice..

Someone had the best post as my wife won’t watch anymore but it’s ..“like watching a house burn down “ ..I can’t look away either and that says something about myself I am not sure I like..

So even more into the soap opera than I should , I see many promising thing that I like ...especially Eichel realizing at 22 the ridiculous press are necessary and something he can use to take responsibility, defend his team .. be as honest as possible.. He is in more agony than all of us that watch.. Anyway..

I still believe two tough skilled goal scorers ( unicorns?) assuming Skinner stays .. A tough d man (all who hate losing more than money or getting laid). and ...internal competition from Roc ..Accountability and Sanity and Honor from all involved.. If this happens.... they are hopefully closer than they look the last 20 games .. Where is that kool aid..

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Are you a fan of Bill "Spaceman" Lee?
TOP 17 QUOTES BY BILL LEE | A-Z Quotes
He’s very cool ( and that society embraces him) ...I also have a baseball card and am a fan of dock ellis... .. 47 years ago today: Dock Ellis' acid no-hitter

Most of the year was fun to watch ( until cheap shot injuries and no backbone beside certain guys and Sds) because jack and some others consistently play in the moment and for about ten games he showed he could be one of the best in this league.. .. So hopefully the mistake ridden diaper dandies got their experience and will build strength etc and our GM will reward our suffering after the league figured us out with some help and a plan.

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
This thread needs a picture with a mild mannered ginger who hasn’t been properly briefed on operating such complicated machinery with a flamethrower .. etc.. destroying buffalo fans that came out of their long hibernation only to be crushed and burned “Godzilla” style .. With some big headed japanese looking guy trying to sell tickets by calming us with visions of the future with those machines saying “all is well .. the plan is moving along nicely”
upload_2019-3-29_1-5-33.jpeg

upload_2019-3-29_1-2-0.jpeg

upload_2019-3-29_1-4-40.jpeg

Maybe a kolbrin quote..

upload_2019-3-29_1-8-1.jpeg

Hope for a rebuild after an impending disaster nobody was warned about... I need some more koolaid again..

Yes .. it makes no sense but I believe the man talking to me in my head..( with v2k ) ... yes I like Montour..

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-29_1-3-22.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-29_1-3-22.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I'm on board. There's not much point in winning now. I don't think it would even do much in the way of building confidence. The damage has been done, so might as well lose out.

Reactions: EichHart

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I'm on board. There's not much point in winning now. I don't think it would even do much in the way of building confidence. The damage has been done, so might as well lose out.

I agree. I'm not a big believer in "ending a season strong" in order to have something to build on for next year.

I've watched many many seasons in several sports in my life. And I've never seen any correlation between how a team finishes one season and how it starts the next.

Reactions: paulmm3

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

This highlights the collapse best

"Since 1970" isn't a good comparison range since the Sabres' streak wouldn't have even been a winning streak at all in most of those seasons.

Prior to 2005-06, all those SO wins wouldn't have been wins at all, but would have been ties instead and broken the winning streak. And prior to 1983-84, the OT wins wouldn't have been wins either, but ties.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Because one 1st OA, two 2nd OA's, three 8th OA's a 12th OA, 14 OA, two 16th OA's and a 23rd OA isn't enough since 2010.

That's just firsts. I'd mention the other 11 2nd's but at this point I just get sick to my stomach.

Move the team to Quebec.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Because one 1st OA, two 2nd OA's, three 8th OA's a 12th OA, 14 OA, two 16th OA's and a 23rd OA isn't enough since 2010.

That's just firsts. I'd mention the other 11 2nd's but at this point I just get sick to my stomach.

Move the team to Quebec.

Location isn’t their problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad