Roope Hintz

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
50 pts would be nice already. 20 goals is his best total in Liiga and AHL, but seeing his start this year he could do the same in the big league.

Mike Richards come in mind when I think of a comparison.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Tbh I never expected him to reach this status. He's becoming a real, solid 2C. Potential to be 70-80 point scorer in his prime.

A nice addition to Finland's arsenal in international tournaments too as we don't have that many quality centermen yet (Barkov and Aho are the only star-quality centers with Kotkaniemi to follow in a couple of years time).

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Just without any association with being cheap and tight with money. Curious that they just picked a perfectly ordinary name in Finnish as the original English one is much funnier and also very descriptive of the character.
Dickens wasn't much of a player in the Finnish literature circles back in the day, and "Scrooge" anyway is a bad fit into a Finnish mouth unlike the very easily pronouncable yet similarly written Roope. It is supposed to be kids' lit.

There was also the Baltic Sea buccaneer Rosvo-Roope ("Roope the Robber") of a ballad and a Tauno Palo movie fame in the popular culture around that time, and maybe there was some commie in the translation process thinking in the line of "all millionnaires are bandits".

The buccaneer thing is a sad story withour peer, but I might tell it if you fill me glass.

Reactions: hirawl and Noldo

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Hintz Name Meaning, Family History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms

"

Hintz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms

The German state of Saxony, where the distinguished surname Hintz arose, is renowned for both its beauty, industry, and economic power. However, in the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous Barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. The ancient dukedom of Saxony derived its name from the Germanic tribe name the Saxons who inhabited the territory after the fall of the Roman Empire. The name Hintz originates as a short form of the personal name Heinrich.

Early Origins of the Hintz family

The surname Hintz was first found in Saxony, where the family gained a significant reputation for its contributions to the emerging mediaeval society. The name became prominent as many branches of the family founded separate houses and acquired estates in various regions, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Ruf Heinz in Esslingen in 1417.

"
---> German form of 'Henry'

Meaning, origin and history of the name Henry

"
From the Germanic name Heimirich meaning "home ruler", composed of the elements heim "home" and ric "power, ruler". It was later commonly spelled Heinrich, with the spelling altered due to the influence of other Germanic names like Haganrich, in which the first element is hagan "enclosure".Heinrich was popular among continental royalty, being the name of seven German kings, starting with the 10th-century Henry I the Fowler, and four French kings. In France it was rendered Henri from the Latin form Henricus.The Normans introduced the French form to England, and it was subsequently used by eight kings, ending with the infamous Henry VIII in the 16th century. During the Middle Ages it was generally rendered as Harry or Herry in English pronunciation. Notable bearers include arctic naval explorer Henry Hudson (1570-1611), British novelist Henry James (1843-1916), and American automobile manufacturer Henry Ford (1863-1947).

"

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He also should have two more assists by the way . The scorekeepers took them away. One against the Blues on Heiskanens goal and one on Perrys goals yesterday. Should have more 9 and not 7 points. First they counted as assists now they don't.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Row-behinds sounds like an insult that might be used of the competitor in the Oxbridge rowing shenanigans.

****ers who would row in your draft to reduce the drag and then try push past you in the final bit before the goal.

Boaty Northugs.

**** those guys.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Just without any association with being cheap and tight with money. Curious that they just picked a perfectly ordinary name in Finnish as the original English one is much funnier and also very descriptive of the character.
Well, *ropo* is a very small coin. Ropoja - a pile of small change.

Reactions: Lempo and Koijari

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
I mean he always had the speed and very good hockey IQ but this goal scoring side is very new. He has done a lot of attitude adjustments during his time in America and the results are kicking in. Very nice to see Roope producing and solidifying his place as a 2C.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
3dtjyy.jpg

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean he always had the speed and very good hockey IQ but this goal scoring side is very new. He has done a lot of attitude adjustments during his time in America and the results are kicking in. Very nice to see Roope producing and solidifying his place as a 2C.

From what i read in Finland he never used his speed as tool for scoring as effectively as he does now.

He's so fast that when he gets in on a goalie it seems to be difficult for them to read when he shoots and where the shot goes. On his goals the goalies often don't even really seem prepared for the shot to come until well its behind them.

Backcheckmonster3

Aug 19, 2018
He also should have two more assists by the way . The scorekeepers took them away. One against the Blues on Heiskanens goal and one on Perrys goals yesterday. Should have more 9 and not 7 points. First they counted as assists now they don't.

They really need to add that, i´m losing faith in NHL scorekeeping.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
From what i read in Finland he never used his speed as tool for scoring as effectively as he does now.

He's so fast that when he gets in on a goalie it seems to be difficult for them to read when he shoots and where the shot goes. On his goals the goalies often don't even really seem prepared for the shot to come until well its behind them.
Partially true. I followed him closely when he played in HIFK and Roope (or "Hine") had a very good speed and actually scored goals in the way as he does now but not this regularly as you said. He was more of a surfer and didn't utilize the speed he had. He liked to create plays more than finish them. Glad that he found the next step though and hopefully his injuries are in the past because he was injured A LOT when he played in Helsinki.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm

Well he is called Uncle Joakim in Swedish. Or Joakim von Anka, which means Joakim von Duck

LemurFromTheId

Feb 21, 2014
He's so fast that when he gets in on a goalie it seems to be difficult for them to read when he shoots and where the shot goes.
He has a very deceptive shot. He seems to move the puck sideways just a tiny bit and then shoots it, all in one motion. Makes it very hard to read the direction of the shot, and the release itself comes fraction of a second sooner than you'd expect from watching his body language.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Oh boy, I can't wait... Would you be putting it on youtube or just uploading a video on this thread?
He set the upper limit at 80. So if hintz gets more than 80 points, or fewer than 70, he doesn’t have to eat his hat. Let’s see how this goes before we offer him condiments.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I've been saying I want him in the All-Star game for us and if he keeps this up he's pretty much a lock to go. Hintz, McDavid, and MacKinnon in the speed competition is going to be insane.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
2 goals tonight and 1 last game so up to 9 goals now. Somehow still just the 1 assist on the season tho :laugh:

His 2nd goal was while shorthanded

Next closest Star is Radulov with 4 goals cause he had a hat trick last game

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad