Roope Hintz

Visul

Dec 22, 2015
His first name is just as mysterious as his sudden improvement
Roope Ankka is Finnish translation for Scrooge McDuck so that's often the first association when a Finn hears name Roope. :D

I was surprised how quickly Hintz blossomed out after last February. After he got his chance with Seguin and Radulov he really hasn't looked back. By now he's shown that he can lead his own line and drive the play so his hot start for the season isn't a fluke. The Stars fans got to be delighted that Hintz kind of came out of nowhere to boost their lacking offensive depth.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Roope Ankka is Finnish translation for Scrooge McDuck so that's often the first association when a Finn hears name Roope. :D

I was surprised how quickly Hintz blossomed out after last February. After he got his chance with Seguin and Radulov he really hasn't looked back. By now he's shown that he can lead his own line and drive the play so his hot start for the season isn't a fluke. The Stars fans got to be delighted that Hintz kind of came out of nowhere to boost their lacking offensive depth.

Are you telling us that "Roope" is Finnish for Scrooge?

Or McDuck?

Either way, that's fantasic. :laugh:

Legend Leinonen

Apr 8, 2016
Finland
Until the playoffs last spring I never thought Roope would be able to transition his game into the NHL, but he has proven me wrong, and I am superhappy about it !
There is something Fedorovish about Hintz...

I was thinking the exact same thing. Glad I'm not alone. Roope looks good right now. He is forcing me to put a lot of ice under cap, so not to get carried away.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I’ve watched both Stars games this season and he is a stud. Anyone laughing at 70-80 points needs to watch more. I think he will come close to that this season. Maybe 60+.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Fantastic turnaround by Hintz recently. It's as if something's just clicked recently and he's reached a completely new level. He always had plenty of skill and always was a standout skater but it seems like he's finally putting it all together.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
So, just to be clear, there are many parents in Finland who name their sons Roope?

Knowing full well it translates to Scrooge?

Would love to hear the Stars' PBP guys talk to Roope about this. :laugh:
It's just the Finnish name of Scrooge, it doesn't translate to Scrooge. It's a normal name. Like "donald" doesn't translate to "aku". The character just is called that in Finland.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
I must say i'm really surprised by his development. I always found him as a bit lazy, individualistic, Czech type of a player (Maybe it's his hair, no offense to Czech guys)

He is exceptionally good skater for his size, combined with good shot and skill. Looks like he will develop as 60-70 point player. He's been that good.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
I've tried to follow the development of top (drafted in the first ~2 rounds) Finnish prospects for the past ~10 years - I watch and read up on prospects enough to get some kind of feeling about their chances at hitting it big in the NHL. And I gotta admit, I never really believed in Hintz. I mean, I kinda liked him, but I just didn't think he had the upside. I'm so glad he's proving me wrong, he's such a fun player to watch.

Last edited:

c2oh2o

Oct 6, 2019
So, just to be clear, there are many parents in Finland who name their sons Roope?

Knowing full well it translates to Scrooge?
sse
Would love to hear the Stars' PBP guys talk to Roope about this. :laugh:

Yes. Finnish parents always chooses names to their children according to how it would be translated in NA.:rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->