Roope Hintz

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
What's with the talk saying 70-80 points is unrealistic for him? He was a beast in the end off regular season and in the playoffs last year and he's a young guy just getting started. He absolutely can score 70-80 points.

No only McDavid can.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
What's with the talk saying 70-80 points is unrealistic for him? He was a beast in the end off regular season and in the playoffs last year and he's a young guy just getting started. He absolutely can score 70-80 points.

70-80 points is unrealistic by default for any player not drafted in the 1st round, seems to be the hfboards consensus.

Reactions: HuskyBruinPride

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Hintz has been a beauty for the Stars since the trade deadline. Start of the season I was hoping for 45, might have to bump that into the 50s. Doesn’t hurt that he’s great 2 ways and on the PK.

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
The couple of years I had the chance to watch Hintz play live, when he was with the IFK of Finnish Elite league, I always wondered why so many people thought he didn't have top 6 potential. Some were even skeptical whether he would make it to the NHL at all. He didn't exactly look like the smartest player out there all the time, but a 6'3" guy with the skating ability that he possesses he was bound to make it to the show IMO. He always liked to shoot which I liked very much even then. I want to see a full season from him before I start to worship him though. He hasn't always been the most consistent guy out there. But very happy for him being able to secure a spot. Now he can really show what he's capable of.

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
He have made steady progress and had a bit of an breakout last spring. Still has room to grow as a player tho. If he can tap his ceiling he can be ppg player imo. Nice second round pick!

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Remember nichushkin’s rookie season?

Nichushkin is totally irrelevant to Hintz, theres a bunch of guys who started off well and continued to have success. I dont know why you have to be negative and look for a reason why Hintz cant be a good player.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
This guy has very quietly progressed year after year. Slow and steady improvement in Finland, then adjustment season in AHL, then breaking out in AHL-level and great showing in NHL (especially in playoffs).

Currently he looks better than any Finnish player not named Rantanen. His skating is top notch and he is also 191cm, i.e. very hard to stop once in full speed. I'd never ever believed on Hintz having this kind of ability, to me he seemed like a 2-3rd line center once in his prime, maxing at 50p a season.

He could be a 1st line center, scoring 80p per season AND being effective all around player. Now that is just crazy!

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
What's with the talk saying 70-80 points is unrealistic for him? He was a beast in the end of the regular season and in the playoffs last year and he's a young guy just getting started. He absolutely can score 70-80 points.

Because people are looking his stats. Hintz was beast in playoffs and he just seems to continue from there. I dont think he is gonna score 70 this year, but he def have chance for it in future.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
I admit I was wrong. I though that he will be 40-60 point player and at max 2c but he seems to have higher potential.
Me to.
I though in his first Liiga games that he would be star.
But he kinda lost it in year before going to na.
Little lazy and inconsistent was what I saw. Talent waiste.

But he got it together!
Like that 17 year old kid I though was lost!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad