Roope Hintz

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No one can figure out how to stop/contain him so far. His size + speed combination is just overwhelming defenders and as a result he drew 2 more penalties tonight. Insane and I hope he can keep it up but right now he's the Stars player teams should be worrying about before games.

Just watching him go in for the forecheck is ridiculous alone. Wins nearly every race to the puck no matter where he is on the ice

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
No one can figure out how to stop/contain him so far. His size + speed combination is just overwhelming defenders and as a result he drew 2 more penalties tonight. Insane and I hope he can keep it up but right now he's the Stars player teams should be worrying about before games.

Just watching him go in for the forecheck is ridiculous alone. Wins nearly every race to the puck no matter where he is on the ice

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nice assist tonight:

Probably the Stars best passer on the PP right now he creates so many chances. Also drew another penalty as well. Unfortunately he also had a chance at a tap in goal (literally wide open net and just him in front on the rush) but he missed the puck

Also very disappointed that he didn't get a shootout chance though which makes absolutely no sense at all. Ridiculous considering scoring on breakaways has been his thing to start the season

Last edited:

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
So, just to be clear, there are many parents in Finland who name their sons Roope?

Knowing full well it translates to Scrooge?

Would love to hear the Stars' PBP guys talk to Roope about this. :laugh:

It's just the local variant of "Robert" from Germanic stock adjusted to Finnish pronounciation long ago. However, I'm sure every Roope gets to hear about the Scrooge thing one time too many. :D

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Going back to his prospect thread after he dominated the AHL was pretty funny, now going back to read some of the comments in there after his playoffs/start to this season got me giggling for days.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
So, just to be clear, there are many parents in Finland who name their sons Roope?

Knowing full well it translates to Scrooge?

Would love to hear the Stars' PBP guys talk to Roope about this. :laugh:

Since 1980 about 6,600 Finns have been named Roope.

Roope Hintz's home region Pirkanmaa has a little over 500,000 people. His dad was in the top-10 highest earners in Pirkanmaa in 2016 with an income of 2.6 million euros. So maybe Roope isn't such a bad pick for a name.

If Hintz keeps playing this way, he'll probably be making a bit more than 2.6 million next season.

Yes. Finnish parents always chooses names to their children according to how it would be translated in NA.:rolleyes:

They don't but every parent who names their kid Roope has to consider the connection to the comic book character before making the decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Pepper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad