GDT: Rookie Showdown: Montreal Canadiens vs. Winnipeg Jets (7PM on RDS.ca, TSN.ca)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I really like Harvey-Pinard and Hillis.

I see good things from Suzuki but I don't think these kinds of games shows the best out of him.

Poehling looks half asleep.

Evans need some seasoning in the AHL.

Jets do a good job of boxing people out.

A ton of broken plays, its a bit painful to watch. I hope nobody gets hurt.

Poehling has a very minor injury (hand) and i'm pretty sure that's why he's not pushing it

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I really like Harvey-Pinard and Hillis.

I see good things from Suzuki but I don't think these kinds of games shows the best out of him.

Poehling looks half asleep.

Evans need some seasoning in the AHL.

Jets do a good job of boxing people out.

A ton of broken plays, its a bit painful to watch. I hope nobody gets hurt.
That's to be expected from Poehling and Suzuki in particular. I don't expect them to really go out there and give too much effort in a game like this.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
This isn't the first time we watch September hockey. So we know chemistry and execution are two things that are lacking at this time of year.
It's only my 2nd time ;) lol
Yeah, it's mostly for these guys to show what they can do. An opportunity to show where you're at.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hillis is another guy that has really upgraded his skating big time. It used to be one of his weaker points.

I might be mixing them up but I believe McCarron hired the same skating coach as Hillis used last year after the draft. Either way it's paid off for both.

Fairbrother and Fleury are looking good tonight. Hopefully Fairbrother gets invited to the main camp

I'm would think he's very likely going to the main camp.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
You are right, decent prospect pool wont show for at least another season
At least our next pick should be pretty high considering how improved some teams are, fortunately for us, its going to be a strong strong draft and you never know with the lottery...

Reactions: Tyson

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I'm would think he's very likely going to the main camp.
Habs have a tendency to cut their last draft classes pretty quickly from camps outside from the first round picks, so I wouldnt be surprised if Fairbrother was cut early too unless he really keeps playing that well...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs have a tendency to cut their last draft classes pretty quickly from camps outside from the first round picks, so I wouldnt be surprised if Fairbrother was cut early too unless he really keeps playing that well...
I bet he gets a preseason game though. Brook did last year and was cut right after.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
McShane looking bad. No energy. Frankly, as great as this pool is, clearly, the best is away 'cause there are so many I wouldn't invite to the main camp. Brook doesn'T deserve an invitation at all. Fleury does much more than him. It's Primeau, Poehling, Suzuki and Fleury. That's it. Not sure what the big fuss is all about as far as Leskinen is concerned.
And Evans

Reactions: Milhouse40

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Poehling has a very minor injury (hand) and i'm pretty sure that's why he's not pushing it

Yeah I've seen him going to the bench crouched up after someone kind hit him after he made a pass to his dman in neutral zone. It was just before the 2nd period ended in yesterday's game.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yeah I've seen him going to the bench crouched up after someone kind hit him after he made a pass to his dman in neutral zone. It was just before the 2nd period ended in yesterday's game.

Red some place that he receive a puck on the hand...not injured, but a good bruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad