Rookie camp 2014 (starts Sept. 13)

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Pretty sure he has to go through waivers.

As for the article, I hope to God Bournival isn't the solution on the 3rd line RW.

Why? He's still a kid and could very well progress and get better for another 1-3 years. If he gets, let's say, 10% better each year for the next 2, that would make him a very attractive 3rd line RW, imo.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
BxVrDFXCQAA3V-4.jpg

Retweeted by TVA Sports
Nicolas A Martineau ‏@nikmartineauTVA 20m

Tim Bozon vient de faire son arrivée. Il a regagné pratiquement tout le 40 livres de muscles qu'il avait perdu. #Habs

Translation:
Tim Bozon just arrived. He has almost regained all the 40 pounds he had lost.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
who's the other player on that picture?

Just adding to this: if someone manages to recognize the 3rd player in that picture by only his legs, that person should probably take a step back from following Habs prospects. :laugh:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Why? He's still a kid and could very well progress and get better for another 1-3 years. If he gets, let's say, 10% better each year for the next 2, that would make him a very attractive 3rd line RW, imo.

I don't see him ever becoming more than a bottom-line player offensively. He's lacking finish big time.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
An article by MAG in La Presse.

Not as deep as some specialize websites about prospects, but he raises some basic and rational points.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hocke...nterne=cyberpresse_B9_sports_257_accueil_POS1

I find the part about the "open forward spot" particularly interesting and could bring some of us on earth. There is no open spot, just a possibility of carrying one more forward if a kid absolutly makes himself too valuable, which is way different than having kids fighting for a pseudo open spot...

The last part about tryouts is also interesting. Gadoury is an intriguing invite. We don't know much about him, and his results are based on a very small sample, but still, he must have some skills to be able to have those numbers...

Philippe Gadoury: 20 goals in 19 games, and 12 goals (25 pts) in 16 PO games !
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=159668

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
People are gonna say he only produced because of Drouin. Not all true..

There are times where you can confuse Gadoury with Drouin. He has unbelievable hands and knows where to find soft spots on the ice. Hes not as fiesty and his vision isn't as good but he's a more natural finisher than Drouin was for the Mooseheads.

Guy was such a pleasant surprise. He's very skilled with the puck on his stick

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
People are gonna say he only produced because of Drouin. Not all true..

There are times where you can confuse Gadoury with Drouin. He has unbelievable hands and knows where to find soft spots on the ice. Hes not as fiesty and his vision isn't as good but he's a more natural finisher than Drouin was for the Mooseheads.

Guy was such a pleasant surprise. He's very skilled with the puck on his stick

This - the Mooseheds PP was all but non-existent until Gadoury arrived IMO.

Shaw65

Mar 13, 2011
Canada
What's impressive is by how much he beat the other guys. I remember topping at 12 when I did it, and was pretty damn exhausted. Couldn't imagine doing 2.5 more.

yes

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 28 min

On peut vous assurer qu'en termes de cardio, Sekac est dans une forme exemplaire. Première recrue en 3 ans à se rendre à 14 au beep test.

We can assure you that in terms of cardio, Sekac is in exemplary form. First rookie in 3 years to get to 14 in the beep test.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
yes

On peut vous assurer qu'en termes de cardio, Sekac est dans une forme exemplaire. Première recrue en 3 ans à se rendre à 14 au beep test.

We can assure you that in terms of cardio, Sekac is in exemplary form. First rookie in 3 years to get to 14 in the beep test.

Who was the last guy 3 years ago?

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
yes

Who was the last one? 2011 so I'm gonna guess, Gallagher?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad