Ronalds ĶēniņÅ¡ -- Ronnies Hockeys -- The Mightiest of Latvians.

Callhee

Embrace the hate.
Aug 24, 2009
I thought kenins looked good during the scrimmage, had speed and drove the play. I was disappointed with indrasis, he looked slow, soft and just didn't really seem to care; several times he tried to dangle around the opposition only to lose the puck repeatedly.

Iceberg Slim

May 9, 2010
Vancouver
Sounds like he could possibly make it over for the end of Utica's 2013-14 season (don't see him cracking the Canucks roster at that late a point in the season unless they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs).

IIRC, the Swiss season only runs until about March (or April for playoffs), so he might get some time over here after he fulfills the requirements of the loan.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
You don't want that...
Bats are dying left to right...
And facing extinction...
Here in Canada.

Not even remotely OT:
I was looking into making a bat house to help bat conservation, apparently if there's bats in your area they'll totally find it and move in. Then you get free mosquito control and all the guano you can handle! Still selling the wife on the idea. I think I need to push the guano angle more.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Not even remotely OT:
I was looking into making a bat house to help bat conservation, apparently if there's bats in your area they'll totally find it and move in. Then you get free mosquito control and all the guano you can handle! Still selling the wife on the idea. I think I need to push the guano angle more.

Bat guano is a key ingredient for many types of explosives. So, there's that.

Zorkan

Obviously, he does not have high-end skill from an NHL perspective, otherwise he would have been drafted. Nevertheless, he is a very good guy and it will be interesting to see how he will develop in Zurich this year and how he will fare in the NHL next season.

He is one of the fan favorites here for his work ethics and style of play.

AlsPug

Nov 1, 2011
Ķēniņš made a huge progress since i saw him at the WC 2012. He knew his place (at last) on the ice. He made smart moves in WC 2013 unlike at the previous WC.

To compare both of our latvians... it's really obvious that Indrašis has got more individual skill than Ķēniņš, but he struggles with the work ethic, and compared to his size (6'3) hes a lightweight (187). Even at our hockey level (low ranked KHL team) Indrašis had to be sent to our farm club to reset his thinking. From what i saw in those scrimmage vids ... Indrašis wasn't looking as himself there. He is much better than in those vids.

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
Everytime I read an article from TSN, I tell myself I won't read the comments. Then I do. Then I am somehow disappointed with the average intelligence level of the trolls that dwell with in, and those who fall for the troll-bait. It's worse then CDC.

You know that continued reading of those comments will eventually turn your brain to mush.

But seriously. I have to shake my head at the trolls who complain about "wasting" money and contracts. Realistically, on top of your 23-man active roster, you're going to have about 5-10 bona fide prospects/depth players. That leaves 15-20 contracts for players that you take fliers on, hoping 1 or 2 turn out to be NHL players.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
:laugh: Damn it, I wonder if those random airport screening swabs detect it? Could be exposed for the bat enthusiast I am!

Just had visions of batman sneaking his gadgets through security then getting pulled in when a skid mark sets of the bomb detectors.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
I love tsn comments, I'm a regular. I pester the bejesus out the Oilers in particular. I try to keep my "real" posts here, but the odd time I get a little carried away...

I've found that adding things like "book it" or "!" at the end of the post really drives the point home and garners the -'s like nobody's business.

My favourite part is knowing that some of my posts are dead-on accurate as they slam the Oilers, who's apparent only option at that point is to switch the subject to Vancouver's lack of cups - totally dodging the valid points I powned them with. Ah yeah, good times.

JUMBOcanuck

Nov 15, 2007
I love tsn comments, I'm a regular. I pester the bejesus out the Oilers in particular. I try to keep my "real" posts here, but the odd time I get a little carried away...

I've found that adding things like "book it" or "!" at the end of the post really drives the point home and garners the -'s like nobody's business.

My favourite part is knowing that some of my posts are dead-on accurate as they slam the Oilers, who's apparent only option at that point is to switch the subject to Vancouver's lack of cups - totally dodging the valid points I powned them with. Ah yeah, good times.

You are SO cool.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010

PM me your greastes work, thx

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Everytime I read an article from TSN, I tell myself I won't read the comments. Then I do. Then I am somehow disappointed with the average intelligence level of the trolls that dwell with in, and those who fall for the troll-bait. It's worse then CDC.

pepstilence
3 hours ago
Kcanuck. Both Ballard and Booth were on a downward trend regarding their careers. Just two of the brutal moves Gillis has made. Like most of them. Thats OK tho, hes got fans like you believing 'things just didnt pan out'
I get the feeling watching Vancouver this year , one may wonder how this team fell so far, so fast. Ive said this before, and its worth posting again. Gillis won the lottery in terms of inheriting a hockey club. Hes almost spent it all Report this comment!

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
The other one was Miks Indrašis - played in KHL, did a Granlund lacrosse goal and is generally considered as one of the very best young Latvian forwards.

Tbh, I am curious why Vancouver signed ĶēniņÅ¡. Also, ĶēniņÅ¡ has (had?) a valid contract with ZSC for the upcoming season.

Maybe they wanted 2 Latvians in Utica?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad