Ron Duguay off Rangers coverage on MSG

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Dugay never really brought anything to the table for me. He really wasn’t insightful at all, and didn’t bring that ex player fun storytelling angle either.

He was just there. Didn’t love him, didn’t hate him. Never understood his role.

Reactions: NCRanger

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Liked his zany outfits. Never really listen to what they say at intermission when I watch a game live anyway, so any lack of insight wasn't a problem for me.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Bring in someone who can actually analyze the game and gives us more in-depth x's and o's analysis please. Duguay leaving isn't a big deal, he didn't add much to the broadcast

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The guy I like the most is Dave Maloney. Less bullshit with him than any of the others IMO. Duguay seems to me to have been losing interest for the last couple seasons anyway. Most of what he was chiming in with sounded like pep talk crap or stuff that I'd normally tune out.

The guy I have been missing for years is Bob Page. And I wish we had Daneyko instead of Micheletti.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
You can't hold a chair down forever Doogs. We have other retirees to support. As long as it's not Anson Carter replacing him. I hope they give Valiquette more airtime. He's one of the best new guys at breaking down the subtleties of the game.
Yea that’s true but what always makes me laugh is this one poster who said that Valiquette is “a guy who dumb people think is smart” hahaha

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Sean Avery will be announced this afternoon as the replacement. They will also coincidentally be instituting a new behind the scenes pre pre-game and post post-game reality segment called ‘what will he say today’ and ‘what he said today’ respectively, as well as a 10 minute tape delay.

They will also be split screening the second period with a new segment called ‘Sean Avery’s Sloppy Second Periods’.
That's a good idea! They could also have him Skype into the broadcast from wherever he is each time someone puts in a goal on the rebound.
"Shot-save rebound score"
"Sean Avery from the Champagne room: Whenever you get a really good shot on net, you always leave a good chance for someone not as good as you to score on the rebound"

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Yea that’s true but what always makes me laugh is this one poster who said that Valiquette is “a guy who dumb people think is smart” hahaha
I don't care if he's actually smart. I think his breakdown of the game actually has some value as opposed to Michelletti's knack for judging how tired penalty killers are and inaccurately reporting if a puck went straight in or was tipped.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I don't care if he's actually smart. I think his breakdown of the game actually has some value as opposed to Michelletti's knack for judging how tired penalty killers are and inaccurately reporting if a puck went straight in or was tipped.

"I... you know what Sam, I think that was tipped."

"No Joe, I think that one beat him clean."

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Lol when Sam is correcting you these days you’ve got problems.

Unusual Suspect

Aug 22, 2005
Warren County, NJ
Unbelievable sometimes how a bunch of people can watch the same broadcaster and have such vastly different takes. For my money Daneyko is the quintessential mouth full of mumbles (brain more so) dumb jock. (EDIT: tie with Bryce Salvador.) Duguay was pathetic the first couple of years he was around (12 seems... crazy, I'dve said half that) but improved his game dramatically... the insights were meager but the presentation at least became professional.

Anson Carter is another guy who may be able to think the game but can't spit it out to save his life. I wish we could pry Weekes loose, I think he's very knowledgeable and makes his cases well and with a smooth delivery. Dave Maloney still can be a little rough as a speaker but his combination of knowledge and candor make him invaluable... would LOVE to see him take the Duguay spot as I seldom listen to the radio calls anyway. Leetch seemed to be getting it together a bit just about the time he... disappeared again. But really, the man who got away was Mike Richter. Never saw any athlete with a sharper mind or more facile with words, and a nice amount of wit to boot.

I think the rebuild should continue in the broadcast booth. If some folks think maybe King Henrik is past his prime, Sam left his behind a decade ago, and when with him Micheletti is beyond useless. I'm tired of the Cup-related sentimentality. Let's have some new voices to put with the new skaters.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Unbelievable sometimes how a bunch of people can watch the same broadcaster and have such vastly different takes. For my money Daneyko is the quintessential mouth full of mumbles (brain more so) dumb jock. (EDIT: tie with Bryce Salvador.) Duguay was pathetic the first couple of years he was around (12 seems... crazy, I'dve said half that) but improved his game dramatically... the insights were meager but the presentation at least became professional.

Anson Carter is another guy who may be able to think the game but can't spit it out to save his life. I wish we could pry Weekes loose, I think he's very knowledgeable and makes his cases well and with a smooth delivery. Dave Maloney still can be a little rough as a speaker but his combination of knowledge and candor make him invaluable... would LOVE to see him take the Duguay spot as I seldom listen to the radio calls anyway. Leetch seemed to be getting it together a bit just about the time he... disappeared again. But really, the man who got away was Mike Richter. Never saw any athlete with a sharper mind or more facile with words, and a nice amount of wit to boot.

I think the rebuild should continue in the broadcast booth. If some folks think maybe King Henrik is past his prime, Sam left his behind a decade ago, and when with him Micheletti is beyond useless. I'm tired of the Cup-related sentimentality. Let's have some new voices to put with the new skaters.

Completely agree.

Kenny the Ape is absolutely awful. Yet, he's a step above Chico.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The guy I like the most is Dave Maloney. Less bull**** with him than any of the others IMO. Duguay seems to me to have been losing interest for the last couple seasons anyway. Most of what he was chiming in with sounded like pep talk crap or stuff that I'd normally tune out.

The guy I have been missing for years is Bob Page. And I wish we had Daneyko instead of Micheletti.

Idk...

Daneyko would just spend his time talking shit about the Rangers.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
This seems like it's all coming last minute

Amanda was great though, quite a shame. One would assume she is going back to football in some capacity, but maybe not

Wonder if they have people lined up to replace Matt and her

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad